To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience with basic Microsoft Windows tasks and be comfortable in the Windows environment.
Microsoft Office Publisher is a desktop publishing software application capable of producing greeting cards, certificates, newsletters, and other printed publications. Publisher offers a large selection of "building blocks" that can be dragged into your documents to help you create page elements such as calendars, newsletter sidebars, and borders.
Publisher integrates mail merge features, which is handy when you need to send publications to a list of customers, and it's possible to export publications as HTML web pages or PDF documents. With a user-friendly interface, Microsoft Publisher makes it easy to create and edit publications.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARNÂ
In this course, you will create, format, edit, and share publications. You will:Â
- Perform basic tasks in the Microsoft Publisher interface
- Add content to a publication
- Format text and paragraphs in a publication
- Manage text in a publication
- Work with graphics in a publication
- Prepare a publication for printing and sharing
Getting Started with Microsoft Publisher 2013
- Explore the Interface
- Customize the Publisher Interface
- Create a Publication
Adding Content to a Publication
- Add Text to a Publication
- Organize Text Boxes and Picture Placeholders in a Layout
- Control the Display of Content in Text Boxes
- Apply Building Blocks
Formatting Text in a Publication
- Format Text and Paragraphs
- Apply Paragraph Styles
- Apply Schemes
Editing Text in a Publication
- Edit Text in a Publication
- Present Content in Tables
- Insert Symbols and Special Characters
Adding and Formatting Graphics in a Publication
- Add Graphical Objects to a Publication
- Manipulate the Appearance of Pictures
Preparing a Publication for Sharing and Printing
- Save a Publication
- Run Design Checker
- Preview and Print a Publication
- Share a Publication
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is intended for people in a variety of job roles such as publishing specialists, layout specialists, graphic designers, or any other knowledge workers who need to use Microsoft Office Publisher 2013 to create, lay out, edit, and share publications.
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted. Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
Global Knowledge Mississauga
30 Eglinton Avenue West Suite 301