It is strongly recommended, but not required, that students have the following knowledge and skills:
Skills and knowledge equivalent to those learned in Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1)
Working knowledge of the Windows operating system
Working knowledge of Cisco IOS networking and concepts
LessonsCisco E-Learning SECOPS v1.0 is an all-inclusive e-learning solution designed to prepare CCNA Cyber Ops candidates for the topics covered by the 210-255 SECOPS exam.Â
Learn how a Security Operations Center (SOC) functions and gain the introductory-level skills and knowledge required for success. Students obtain the core skills needed to grasp the associate-level material in the 210-255 exam â€œImplementing Cisco Cybersecurity Operations (SECOPS),â€ which, when combined with passing the 210-250 SECFND exam, lead to the CCNA Cyber Ops certification.Â
This course focuses on the introductory-level skills needed for a SOC Analyst at the associate level, such as understanding basic threat analysis, event correlation, identifying malicious activity, and how to use a playbook for incident response.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Define a SOC and the various job roles in a SOC
- Understand SOC infrastructure tools and systems
- Learn basic incident analysis for a threat centric SOC
- Explore resources available to assist with an investigation
- Explain basic event correlation and normalization
- Describe common attack vectors
- Learn how to identifying malicious activity
- Understand the concept of a playbook
- Describe and explain an incident respond handbook
- Define types of SOC Metrics
- Understand SOC Workflow Management system and automation
WHO SHOULD ATTENDÂ
- Security Operations Center Security Analyst
- Computer Network Defense Analyst
- Computer Network Defense Infrastructure Support personnel
- Future Incident Responders and Security Operations Center (SOC) personnel
- Students beginning a career and entering the cybersecurity field
- IT personnel looking to learn more about the area of cybersecurity operations
- Cisco Channel Partners
This course allows learners to understand common security concepts and start to learn the basic security techniques used in a Security Operations Center (SOC) to find threats on a network using a variety of popular security tools within a "real-life" network infrastructure.
This Cisco self-paced course is designed to be as effective as classroom training. Course content is presented in easily consumable segments via both Instructor Video and text.Interactivity is enabled through hands-on Discovery Labs, content review questions, graded Challenge Labs, and practice assessment tests. This makes the learning experience hands-on, increases comprehension, and provides students direct feedback on how well they have mastered the material.Built-in gamification features, such as learning badges and a leaderboard, make the experience more engaging and encourages better performance.
This is the second of two required exams to achieve the associate-level CCNA Cyber Ops certification. It prepares candidates to begin a career within a Security Operations Center (SOC) and work with Cybersecurity Analysts at the associate level. The SECFND exam tests a candidate's knowledge and skills needed to successfully handle the tasks, duties, and responsibilities of an associate-level Security Analyst working in a SOC.
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted. Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
your city, your province