This three day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to develop Microsoft Silverlight 3 applications through a variety of available development tools and techniques.
- Course Outline
This three day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to develop Microsoft Silverlight 3 applications through a variety of available development tools and techniques. It introduces the new features and concepts being introduced with the new version of the technology. The course focuses on user interfaces, program structure and implementation details.
This course is intended for both novice and experienced .NET programmers who have a minimum of six months development experience and have basic Windows navigation skills.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Create a simple Silverlight 2/3 application based on the Visual Studio Silverlight application template.
- Use existing user controls to create a user interface and customize their templates and styles to provide an optimal user experience.
- Create Silverlight custom controls.
- Use data binding mechanisms to populate controls with a data.
- Consume existing WCF/Web services from Silverlight applications.
- Communicate with the Silverlight hosting environment (HTML DOM).
Course Outline Module 1: Silverlight Development Introduction
This module explains how to start developing Silverlight applications, which tools are needed, the purpose and motivation of XAML, which user controls are available out of the box and how to use them.
- Introduction to Silverlight
- Silverlight XAML and XAML editing tools
- Silverlight application architecture, â€œHello World!â€ with Silverlight
- Available controls
- Handling and publishing events
- Silverlight 3 Text Features
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Create a new Silverlight application from the Visual Studio Silverlight project template
- Understand the motivation for XAML and tools for working with it
- Integrate existing user controls in Silverlight projects
- Publish and consume events in Silverlight applications
- Use transformations and animations in Silverlight applications
Module 2: Silverlight Development
This module explains how to access XAML objects from managed code, create new XAML objects dynamically, develop user controls and custom controls, create control templates and styles, use data binding and customize user control states with the Visual State Manager.
- Managing XAML objects
- Creating XAML objects from managed code, Managing XAML objects from managed code
- Silverlight user controls and custom controls
- Control templates and styles
- Dependency Properties
- Data binding
- Visual State Manager
Lab : Hands On #1
- Code-behind data binding
- Data templates
- Consuming WCF services
Lab : Hands On #2
- User controls
- XAML data binding
Lab : Hands On #3
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Access, create and manage XAML objects from managed code
- Create user controls
- Create and apply styles and templates
- Consume WCF services
- Bind data to Silverlight controls from code and from XAML
- Use new features in data binding mechanisms to populate controls with a data and connect between them.
- Customize the behavior of user controls with Visual State Manager
- Handle events in Silverlight applications
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Cancellation Policy
ctc TrainCanada - We Never Cancel*:
We are unique in the corporate training field in that we do not cancel desktop applications courses due to low enrollment. When there are less than 3 students, ctc TrainCanada will personalize the class (students then receive more time with the instructor to address their individual needs allowing the student to complete the full course in less time) or connect the student remotely to a class at one of our other branches via TrainLive remote classroom instruction. *Microsoft Certified Courses and other technical courses require a minimum enrollment of three students. Business Skills courses require multiple students in order to run due to the interactive nature of the training. Selected Desktop Applications courses may require a minimum enrollment of two students to run. ctc TrainCanada® reserves the right to deliver Microsoft Certified and other technical courses via TrainLive remote classroom instruction in order to guarantee the course to run.
ctc TrainCanada Cancellation policy:
You may cancel or reschedule this registration in writing with no penalty with a minimum of 10 business days' notice prior to the first day of the course. Full payment is required if you cancel or reschedule this registration within 10 business days prior to the first day of the course. However, substitutions are welcome. If you do need to cancel or reschedule a publicly scheduled course within the 10 day non-cancellation period (not a client dedicated course), payment is to be made and a training voucher for a public course will be issued to you. This allows you to attend a future date for the same course at no charge (subject to availability).
No-shows will not be issued a training voucher.
Complimentary Service: We offer all our students coffee, tea, juice or pop, muffins or pastries in the morning and cookies baked in our own oven each afternoon.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 305 times.