This course is designed to provide technical professionals with the skills needed to administer IBM MQ queue managers on distributed platforms such as Windows 2008 Server and Linux.
- Course Outline
- Plan the implementation of IBM MQ
- Install IBM MQ
- Perform basic customization and administration tasks
- Enable a queue manager to exchange messages with another queue manager
- Use a trigger message and a trigger monitor to start an application to process messages
- Implement basic queue manager restart and recovery procedures
- Identify the cause of a problem
- Plan for and implement basic IBM MQ security features
- Use accounting and statistics messages to monitor the activities in an IBM MQ system
- Use IBM MQ sample programs to test queue manager, queue, channel, and client configuration
This intermediate course is designed for technical professionals who require the skills to administer any of the IBM MQ queue managers except IBM MQ for z/OS or IBM MQ for iSeries.
- Course introduction
- IBM MQ review
- Installing IBM MQ
- Creating a basic configuration
- Exercise: Using commands to create queue managers and queues
- Introduction to IBM MQ Explorer
- Exercise: Using IBM MQ Explorer to create queue managers and queues
- Introduction to the Message Queue Interface (MQI)
- Exercise: Using IBM MQ sample programs to test the configuration
- Implementing trigger messages and monitors
- Exercise: Implementing a trigger monitor
- Message persistence and recovery
- Exercise: Using a media image to restore a queue
- Identifying the cause of problems
- Exercise: Running an IBM MQ trace
- Implementing distributed queuing
- Exercise: Connecting queue managers
- Implementing basic security
- Exercise: Controlling access to IBM MQ
- IBM MQ clients
- Exercise: Connecting an IBM MQ client
- Backing up and restoring IBM MQ object definitions
- Exercise: Backing up and restoring IBM MQ object definitions
- Monitoring and configuring IBM MQ for performance
- Exercise: Monitoring and configuring IBM MQ for performance
- JMS administration overview
- Course summary
- Prerequisites & Certificates
You should: Have a basic knowledge of IBM MQ V8 concepts, either through successful completion of course Technical Introduction to IBM MQ (WM102), or through equivalent practical experience; Be familiar with and able to use standard functions within the operating system that is used in the lab exercises; Have a basic knowledge of TCP/IP
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 125 times.