Your success is dependent on working with others; however, working with a perfect team is a dream, not a reality. In some situations there is a need to work with people who have different goals or agendas or who lack either commitment or interest in their job. Turning these situations into productive interactions is possible with the appropriate communication strategies.
To learn the skills essential to getting your ideas, plans and feelings across with confidence and conviction.
- To minimize conflicts and maximize harmony
- To overcome any reluctance and to practice assertion appropriately in dealing with difficult situations
- To improve interpersonal relationships and subsequently job satisfaction and task accomplishment
- Instructor presentation
- Full-group discussion
- Small-group interaction
- Individual exercises
- Practice exercises
Our Toronto based Dealing With Difficult People training & development workshop will enable participants to make presentations with confidence and composure.
- Types of difficult people
- Identifying your style in conflict situations
- Differentiating between aggressive, non- assertive, assertive
- Understanding your authority (rights) â€¢ Coping with difficult people
- The keys to building effective communication
- Building rapport â€¢ Actively listening
- Using effective non-verbal communication
- Using effective language
- Escalators & de-escalators
- Recognizing our triggers
- Controlling feelings and emotions
- Recognizing our filters
- Saying no, graciously
- Disagreeing diplomatically
- Responding to criticism
- Handling complaints
- Dealing with hostility
- Melting resistance
- Staying solution focused
- Collaborating and/or compromising in conflict situations
- Learning how to not manipulate or be manipulated
- Dealing with inappropriate behaviour
- Reducing resistance and resentment
- Recognizing when to confront & when to ignore
Participants at each leadership training workshop are encouraged to send an email within three months following the workshop and can expect a personal reply to assist with their learning experience.
Cancellations with less than four weeks' notice are subject to the full fee. Participant substitutions can be made at any time.
4950 Yonge Street Suite 802, 8th Floor