IBM Tivoli NetView for z/OS offers an extensive set of tools for managing and maintaining complex, multivendor, multiplatform networks and systems from a single point of control. The NetView for z/OS curriculum consists of four Courses.
- Course Start Date: Apr. 30
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 11:30 am - 6:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 5 days 11:30 AM - 6:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
- Category:IBM Cloud
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
IBM Tivoli NetView for z/OS offers an extensive set of tools for managing and maintaining complex, multivendor, multiplatform networks and systems from a single point of control. The NetView for z/OS curriculum consists of four courses. You can tailor their training by taking one or more of the following courses:
- NetView for z/OS 6.1 Fundamentals (TZ203), where you learn the key concepts, components, and user interfaces associated with NetView for z/OS 6.1
- NetView for z/OS 6.1 Automation (TZ213), which covers the automation facilities of IBM Tivoli NetView for z/OS
- NetView for z/OS 6.1 REXX (TZ223), where you learn how to write REXX EXECs using NetView for z/OS
- NetView for z/OS 6.1 PIPEs (TZ233), where you learn how to code NetView PIPEs within REXX EXECs to simplify operations and perform automation by using NetView for z/OS
This course combines the content from all four of these courses, thus providing comprehensive training for Tivoli NetView for z/OS version 6.1. It covers basic concepts, components, user interfaces, automation facilities, REXX, and PIPEs. Instructor-led discussions are reinforced with practical, hands-on lab exercises.Course Objectives
- Describe the NetView key components and tasks
- Describe key functions
- Navigate these user interfaces: 3270 and TEP
- Use NetView commands
- Explain these user interfaces: NMC and web application
- Customize by using CNMSTYLE, style sheets, and reporting
- Explain basic IP management functions and System z networking
- Identify the data that is integrated from OMEGAMON XE products
- Identify event types that can be processed and the way that they arrive in NetView for z/OS
- Identify what actions are possible and where they can be routed
- Describe the functions provided by the message processing facility (MPF), the message revision table (MRT), and the command revision table (CRT)
- Implement Automation Table statements to automate messages
- Structure the Automation Table
- Manage the Automation Table
- Describe how to improve the efficiency of an Automation Table
- Use NetView timers to proactively monitor resources
- Describe the basics of REXX EXECs in NetView
- Write NetView REXX EXECS
- Issue commands
- Trap and parse messages
- Set and retrieve global variables
- Perform automation
- Describe the basics of NetView for z/OS PIPEs
- Write code for NetView PIPEs with REXX EXECS
This intermediate-level course is for Administrators who are new to NetView for z/OS Administrators who are moving to version 6.1 from a previous version.Course Outline
NetView for z/OS Fundamentals
- NetView for z/OS overview
- NetView packaging and installation
- NetView structure and components
- The 3270 interface
- Customizing NetView using CNMSTYLE
- NetView administration
- IP management
- NetView Web Services Gateway
- NetView Management Console (NMC) interface
- NetView Enterprise Management Agent
- Tivoli Enterprise Portal
- NetView product integration with IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE products
- Tivoli Enterprise Portal security
- Message Automation topics
- NetView commands to facilitate automation
- Managing the NetView Automation Table
- NetView Automation Table coding
- Introduction to REXX
- Miscellaneous topics
- Process Message in REXX
- Problem analysis
- Additional topics
- Overview of NetView pipelines
- PIPE stages
- Access files With PIPEs
- Pipelines and variables
- Manipulate text in a pipeline
- Process pipeline data
- Advanced topics
- Prerequisites & Certificates
You must be familiar with:
- networking concepts and practices and the techniques for monitoring a complex environment.
Familiarity with previous versions of NetView is helpful, but not required.
Certificate of Participation
- Cancellation Policy
You will be charged the full price of a public class if you do not cancel or reschedule your enrollment at least 11 business days prior to the scheduled start date or if you do not show up for the class. However, you may cancel your class enrollment at any time within the three calendar days following your initial registration or any LearnQuest rescheduled enrollment date without charge. Cancellations must be notified in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Substitution of class participants may be made free of charge at any time prior to class commencement by notifying your Account Manager or email@example.com.
LearnQuest reserves the right to change dates, courses and fees without notice. LearnQuest assumes no responsibility for non-refundable airline tickets or other expenses incurred due to course cancellations.
All refunds will be issued within ten business days from cancellation notice.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Your City, Your Province
Your Country Your Postal Code
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course currently does not have any dates other than this one scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates.
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 3 times.