This Course is designed to help you understand, install, and monitor the DS8000 for the Open Systems environment. The exercises enable you to perform a step-by-step implementation.
- Course Start Date: Jul. 30
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 11:00 am - 6:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 4 days 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
This course is designed to help you understand, install, and monitor the DS8000 for the Open Systems environment. The exercises enable you to perform a step-by-step implementation.Course Objectives
- Describe the DS8000 models and features
- Identify the architecture and hardware associated with the DS8000
- Classify the DS8000 virtualization concepts
- Configure the DS8000 DS8000 command-line interface
- Configure the DS8000 graphical user interface
- List the Copy Services features
- Classify the features associated with performance, tuning, and monitoring
- List the steps required to configure the DS8000 for Open Systems environment
- Describe the IBM DS8000 solutions for Business Continuity
This intermediate course is for System administrators and technical personnel who need to install a DS8000 in their environment.Course Outline
- Welcome and introduction
- Unit 1: IBM DS family, DS8000 overview
- Unit 2: Architecture and hardware overview
- Unit 3: Virtualization concepts
- Unit 4: DS command-line interface (DS CLI)
- Unit 5: DS8000 Storage Manager GUI
- Unit 6: Host system attachment
- Exercise 0: Lab setup and preliminary instructions
- Exercise 1: DS8000 DS CLI: Installation and configuration
- Exercise 2: DS8000 DS CLI: DDMs, array sites, arrays, ranks, and extent pools
- Exercise 3: Windows Server preparation
- Exercise 4: Windows Server attachment to the DS8000
- Exercise 5: AIX Server attachment to the DS8000
- Exercise 6: DS8000 Storage Manager: Arrays, ranks, and extent pools
- Exercise 7: DS8000 Storage Manager: FB volumes, volume groups, and hosts
- Exercise 8: DS8000 Storage Manager: Other functions
- Exercise 9: DS8000 Easy Tier: Dynamic Volume Relocation
- Exercise 10: DS8000 Easy Tier: Dynamic Extent Pool Merge
- Unit 7: Performance, tuning, and monitoring
- Unit 8: Business Continuity: Copy Services
- Unit 9: Summary
- Exercise 11: DS8000 Storage Manager: Thin provisioning
- Free lab sessions
- Prerequisites & Certificates
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Certificate of Participation
- Cancellation Policy
You will be charged the full price of a public class if you do not cancel or reschedule your enrollment at least 11 business days prior to the scheduled start date or if you do not show up for the class. However, you may cancel your class enrollment at any time within the three calendar days following your initial registration or any LearnQuest rescheduled enrollment date without charge. Cancellations must be notified in writing to email@example.com. Substitution of class participants may be made free of charge at any time prior to class commencement by notifying your Account Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.
LearnQuest reserves the right to change dates, courses and fees without notice. LearnQuest assumes no responsibility for non-refundable airline tickets or other expenses incurred due to course cancellations.
All refunds will be issued within ten business days from cancellation notice.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Your City, Your Province
Your Country Your Postal Code
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course currently does not have any dates other than this one scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates.
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 8 times.