- TS3500 Tape Library Architecture and Implementation - Open Systems and System z
This Course covers the architecture and implementation of the IBM System Storage TS3500 Tape Library with Linear Tape-Open (LTO) drive and Enterprise tape drive (TS1100) for open systems and IBM mainframe environments.
- Course Outline
This course covers the architecture and implementation of the IBM System Storage TS3500 Tape Library with Linear Tape-Open (LTO) drive and Enterprise tape drive (TS1100) for open systems and IBM mainframe environments.Course Objectives
- Understand IBM tape solutions in open systems and IBM mainframe environments
- Identify tape solutions using IBM TS3500 Tape Library
- Understand the need for encryption
- Set up and configure IBM TS3500 Tape Library
- Share IBM TS3500 Tape Library using Advanced Library Management System (ALMS)
- Manage IBM TS3500 Tape Library in day-to-day operations
- Attach open systems host to IBM TS3500 Tape Library
- Attach mainframe host to IBM TS3500 Tape Library
- Understand how to manage performance
This intermediate course is intended for anyone who would like to understand more about the general LTO and TS1100 technology specifications and their evolution, as well as the IBM implementation and management of these technologies associated to IBM System Storage TS3500 library for open systems and IBM mainframe.
This course is applicable for IBM clients, IBM Business Partners, IBM specialist sales representatives, and technical specialists.Course Outline
- IBM tape solutions
- IBM tape encryption
- Configuration, management, and operations
- Tape library sharing and partitioning
- Attachment with System z hosts
- Attachment with open hosts
- Reporting and performance
- Exercise: Designing a tape solution (optional)
- Prerequisites & Certificates
You should have a basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows or IBM AIX operating systems, or both.
Certificate of Participation
- Cancellation Policy
You will be charged the full price of a public class if you do not cancel or reschedule your enrollment at least 11 business days prior to the scheduled start date or if you do not show up for the class. However, you may cancel your class enrollment at any time within the three calendar days following your initial registration or any LearnQuest rescheduled enrollment date without charge. Cancellations must be notified in writing to email@example.com. Substitution of class participants may be made free of charge at any time prior to class commencement by notifying your Account Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.
LearnQuest reserves the right to change dates, courses and fees without notice. LearnQuest assumes no responsibility for non-refundable airline tickets or other expenses incurred due to course cancellations.
All refunds will be issued within ten business days from cancellation notice.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 334 times.