A high level of Emotional Intelligence (EI) is critical to being an effective contributor, a high-performing team member, or the leader of a group or organization. This EI workshop introduces the core EI model, the key EI competencies, and specific methods (support tools) to apply them to achieve maximum interpersonal effectiveness for both career improvement and interpersonal success.
This workshop encompasses the personal, emotional, and social abilities and skills which allow people to succeed in coping with difficult situational demands and challenging interpersonal pressures. Understanding EI also helps identify one's strengths and one's areas for potential growth or improvement - all of which will support and enhance individual performance.
The primary goal in learning about our emotional intelligence is to improve personal resilience and performance, to be more conscious of one's emotions, and to become more skilful in applying the appropriate emotion at the appropriate time.
Topics covered in this workshop include:
- Understanding Emotional Intelligence - EI Competencies and Origins
- The Benefits of Developing EI
- The 5 EI Categories
- The Emotional and Social Competency Framework
- Observing Emotions
- The Role and Range of Emotions
- EI and Performance
- Responding To Difficult Situations
- Applying Emotional Intelligence At Work
- EI Development Strategies
- Personal Strengths and Limitations
Learning outcomes for this workshop include:
- Manage your emotions and the emotions of others more effectively.
- Improve interactions during tense or difficult situations.
- Understand and apply the Emotional Intelligence competency framework.
- Improve your level of Emotional Intelligence to support improved interpersonal and workplace relationships.
- Identify the Components of Emotional Intelligence.
- Understand the relationship between EI and job performance.
- Gain insights into what compels people to act the way they do.
- Use positive emotions to achieve your objectives.
- Become more confident when interacting with colleagues, team members and superiors.
- Determine your current level of emotional intelligence.
Cancellations made 21 or more days prior to the scheduled workshop date are subject to a $100 per person per day (plus tax) administration fee. For cancellations made between 3 and 20 days prior, participant and event substitutions are allowed (subject to availability).
Gaski Training Centre
7181 Woodbine Ave, Suite 103