Managing diversity, the millennial and the younger generation goes beyond Canadian employment equity legislation's four designated groups in addressing the need to create a fair work environment. The diversity, millennials and generations workshop has a broader and more inclusive focus that encompasses factors such as religion, personality, lifestyle, education, gender and age. By managing diversity, millennials and generations, organizations can gain a strategic and competitive advantage by helping all employees perform to their full potential. The current labour market includes four generations with an increased reliance on migrant workers and diversity far greater than ever before. Not only are the work teams more diverse, but with a global market, so to are the businesses clients. Diversity, generally means differences, any difference that you can conceive: height, weight, eye color, right hander vs. left hander, gender, physical ability, age, ethnicity, and on a deeper level: parental status, sexual orientation, beliefs, values, work style, etc..
In this workshop, you will be able to clearly understand how work more effectively with diversity, millennials and the younger generations in general. The focus will be on understanding the framework to creating an environment that contributes to successfully managing diversity within the workplace. As a manager or professional in the organization you will have the opportunity to create an action plan on what strategies you can use to promote diversity management in your workplace.
This workshop has a maximum seating limit of 16 participants.
Who should attend:
This program is a valuable for individuals who need to manage or interact with culturally diverse staff, Generation Y and the Millennial Generation.
Topics covered in this workshop include:
- Understanding diversity and diversity management
- Understanding the Millennial Generation
- Understanding Generation Y
- Demographic changes in the workplace
- Bias free communication
- Examine your beliefs, values and behaviours around diversity
- A framework to create an environment that contributes to successfully managing diversity
- Strategies for promoting diversity in the workplace
- Examine how top employers are managing diversity in Canada
Learning outcomes for this workshop include:
- Define diversity and diversity management
- Discuss diversity and its relation to the demographic changes in the workplace
- Examine beliefs, values and behaviours that form individualÂ and community identities and the basis for respectful relationships in the workplace
- Create an environment for success using a systematic approach to managing diversity
- Identify strategies for promoting diversity in the workplace.
Cancellations made 21 or more days prior to the scheduled workshop date are subject to a $100 per person per day (plus tax) administration fee. For cancellations made between 3 and 20 days prior, participant and event substitutions are allowed (subject to availability).
Gaski Training Centre
7181 Woodbine Ave, Suite 103