You will learn about the types of negotiation and different styles that you can adapt during negotiations. You will learn to determine your individual negotiation style and how to adapt to situations for more successful negotiations.
- Course Start Date: Nov. 13
- Location: Mississauga
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 3 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Fundamentals of Project Management
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Whether you are asking for resources, negotiating with a vendor, or dealing with conflicts on the team, being a skilled negotiator makes you a better project manager. In this active, participatory course, you will practice the skills of negotiation and receive one-on-one feedback and coaching tips to improve your performance.
You will learn about the types of negotiation and different styles that you can adapt during negotiations. You will learn to determine your individual negotiation style and how to adapt to situations for more successful negotiations. You'll gain an understanding of competitive and collaborative negotiation and learn how to recognize each.
Students pursuing a university-recognized and/or accredited certificate in Canada or continuing education units in the US must attend at least 90% of class time, participate in class exercises and section-knowledge checks, and score at least 70% on an end-of-class, multiple-choice assessment.
What You'll Learn
- How you react to conflict
- Conflict resolution tactics
- Characteristics of key negotiation styles
- How to successfully negotiate
- Role of negotiation in projects
Associate project managers, project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers, and program managers.
1. Introduction to Negotiation
- What negotiation is
- Negotiation factors
- Negotiation stages
- Competitive negotiations
- Natural tendencies
- Tactics used in negotiations
- Temperament theory and collaboration
- Compromise vs. win-win
- Cultural considerations
- Two styles of negotiation
- Positions vs. interests
- Conflict resolution
- Power behaviors
- Identify each party's objectives
- Finding common interest
- Strategies to develop trust
- Template for preparing for negotiation
- Situational analysis
- Identify negotiation scenario
- Assess BATNA
- Identify positions and interests
- Develop negotiation strategy
- Two types of conflict
- Value of escalation options
- Conflict resolution tips and techniques
- Pros and cons of negotiating in teams
- Determining roles
- Authority and decision making
- Identifying Natural Competitive Tendencies
- Negotiating in a Competitive Situation vs. a Collaborative Situation
- Complete Thomas-Kilmann Personal Conflict Assessment
- Resolving Conflict in Negotiations
- Using BATNA
- Moving from Positions to Interests
- Leveraging Interests and Common Interests in Negotiation
- Negotiations Among Three or More
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Project Management Fundamentals (PM01) - IT Project Management (PM11) - Applied Project Management (PM08)
- 21 PMI PDUs - 2.1 CEUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Global Knowledge at LMT Mississauga
5060 Spectrum Way
Canada L4W 5N6
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 39 times.