Learn how to demonstrate the concepts covered on the CompTIA Network+ exam (N10-007).
CompTIA Network+ Certification Prep (N10-007) builds on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer operating systems and networks, adding fundamental skills and concepts that you will need to advance in a networking career. As such, it focuses on the content described in the exam objectives for the CompTIA Network+ certification.
Earning CompTIA's Network+ certification increases your value in the marketplace by providing proof of your knowledge, skills, and ability to manage, maintain, troubleshoot, install, operate, and configure a basic network infrastructure in a vendor-neutral format.
Our CompTIA Network+ Certification Prep Course allows you to demonstrate the concepts covered on the Network+ exam using a sophisticated remote lab environment. You will work through several practice exams to reinforce your knowledge and gain essential networking skills in labs featuring networking devices such as routers, switches, access points, and others.
This course includes an exam voucher, study guide, and practice exams.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
CompTIA Network+ Certification Prep (N10-007) is intended for entry-level computer support professionals with a basic knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of networking concepts and acquire the required skills to prepare for a career in network support or administration. In particular, the following individuals will benefit from this course:
- IT personnel who need a solid foundation in networking
- Managers and supervisors who must oversee network-related activities
- Individuals interested in pursuing the CompTIA Network+ certification exam N10-007
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Explain the OSI and TCP/IP Models
- Explain the properties of network traffic
- Install and configure switched networks
- Configure IP networks
- Install and configure routed networks
- Configure and monitor ports and protocols
- Explain network application and storage issues
- Monitor and troubleshoot networks
- Explain network attacks and mitigations
- Install and configure security devices
- Explain authentication and access controls
- Deploy and troubleshoot cabling solutions
- Implement and troubleshoot wireless technologies
- Compare and contrast WAN technologies
- Use remote access methods
- Identify site policies and best practices
- Lesson 1: Explaining the OSI Model and TCP/IP Models
- Lesson 2: Explaining Properties of Network Traffic
- Lesson 3: Installing and Configuring Switched Networks
- Lesson 4: Configuring IP Networks
- Lesson 5: Installing and Configuring Routed Networks
- Lesson 6: Configuring and Monitoring Ports and Protocols
- Lesson 7: Explaining Network Applications and Storage Services
- Lesson 8: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Networks
- Lesson 9: Explaining Networking Attacks and Mitigations
- Lesson 10: Installing and Configuring Security Devices
- Lesson 11: Explaining Authentication and Access Controls
- Lesson 12: Deploying and Troubleshooting Cabling Solutions
- Lesson 13: Implementing and Troubleshooting Wireless Technologies
- Lesson 14: Comparing and Contrasting WAN Technologies
- Lesson 15: Using Remote Access Methods
- Lesson 16: Identifying Site Policies and Best Practices
- Exploring the Lab Environment
- Configuring Ethernet Networking
- Configuring IPv4 Networking
- Configuring IPv4 Subnets
- Configuring IPv6 Networking
- Configuring Address Assignments
- Configuring Routing
- Using Port Scanning Tools
- Configuring DNS Servers
- Configuring Application Protocols
- Using Event Management and Performance Monitors
- Configuring a NAT Firewall
- Securing Appliance Administration with RADIUS Authentication
- Configuring Secure Access Channels
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted. Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
your city, your province
I would never take another course that starts at 11AM and goes to 9PM again. The way the course was laid out really took away from the capturing of what was presented as it was 5-6 hours of watching a screen before getting to the actual labs. There has to be a better way to lay out this particular course. In my previous course, the lectures were broken up by labs which worked out fantastic and kept you engaged in the course. There were days when in order to actually complete the labs, would go over the 9PM day end time frame. Was able to get the primary labs done, but if you want to get all the content completed, you cannot complete it in the window of this course, you will need to come back on your own time.