In this highly interactive two-day course, you'll gain the skills to be an effective facilitator - one who can help stakeholders define their needs and form quantifiable requirements.
- Course Start Date: Aug. 21
- Location: Kitchener
- Time: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 2 days
08:30 AM - 05:00 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
- Category:Business Analysis Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Acquire the facilitation skills necessary to effectively manage requirements meetings and workshops. Business analysts have the responsibility to gather, analyze, and validate business and technical requirements for their projects, thus they need facilitation skills to manage requirements meetings and workshops.
In this highly interactive two-day course, you'll gain the skills to be an effective facilitator - one who can help stakeholders define their needs and form quantifiable requirements. You'll learn tested techniques for meeting planning and preparation, brainstorming, analysis, and decision-making. You will have the opportunity to practice these techniques in a safe environment with a trained facilitator who will give you relevant, timely feedback. Advanced topics will also be covered, including virtual facilitation, conflict cause analysis. You will leave class with the confidence to facilitate a meeting from the planning stages, motivating group participation, building consensus, maintaining session focus, and evaluating results for lessons learned.
Students pursuing a university-recognized and/or accredited certificate in Canada or continuing education units in the US must attend at least 90% of class time, participate in class exercises and section-knowledge checks, and score at least 70% on an end-of-class, multiple-choice assessment.
What You'll Learn
- The role of facilitation in business analysis
- Plan a facilitated meeting
- Create an agenda and risk analysis
- Use the appropriate facilitation techniques in a meeting
- Plan for and facilitate in a virtual meeting environment
- Use advanced brainstorming, analysis, and decision-making techniques
- Manage conflict in a facilitated meeting
- Systems Analysts
- Business Analysts
- Requirements Analysts
- Software Engineers
- IT Project Managers
- Project Managers
- Project Analysts
- Project Leaders
- Senior Project Managers
- Team Leaders
- Program Managers
- QA specialists
1. Facilitation Basics
- What Facilitation Is
- The Role of the Facilitator
- To Facilitate or Not to Facilitate?
- Benefits of Facilitation
- Facilitation in Business Analysis
- Why Planning is Critical
- Defining the Purpose
- The Facilitated Meeting Planning Worksheet
- Key Characteristics of Participants
- Meeting Risks and Responses
- Building an Agenda
- Techniques for Facilitated Meetings
- Gap Analysis
- T-Charts (or Force Field Analysis)
- Model Types
- Impact/Effort Grid
- Facilitation Actions
- Facilitation Behaviors
- Challenge of Teleconferences and Web-Conferences
- Meeting with Dispersed Participants
- Best Practices for Virtual Meetings
- Brainwriting (Anonymous Brainstorming)
- Root Cause Analysis
- Criteria-Based Grid
- How Various Models Can be Used with Groups
- Understanding Conflict
- Good vs. Bad Conflict
- Resolving Conflict between Participants
- Resolving Conflict between Participant and Facilitator
- Complete a Facilitation Meeting Plan
- Create Meeting Agenda
- Practice Facilitating Multiple Meetings
- Practice Root Cause Analysis
- Complete a Criteria-Based Grid
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Business Analysis Essentials (BA10)
- 14 PMI PDUs - 2.1 CEUs - 14 IIBA CDUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
110 King St East
Canada N2G 0A5
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 15 times.