By following the logical methodology for the requirements process presented in this course, you'll learn to develop and write effective requirements, including business objectives as well as business, stakeholder, and solution requirements.
- Course Start Date: Jul. 4
- Location: Ottawa
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 4 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Business Analysis Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Develop effective requirements that meet business and stakeholder objectives.
Numerous studies have concluded that failure to effectively develop and document project requirements is directly related to project failure.
By following the logical methodology for the requirements process presented in this course, you'll learn to develop and write effective requirements, including business objectives as well as business, stakeholder, and solution requirements. By working through the requirements process using various elicitation techniques, you'll discover the importance of and types of requirements, best practices for writing requirements, steps for sign-off, and management of the requirements baseline.
Students pursuing a university-recognized and/or accredited certificate in Canada or continuing education units in the US must attend at least 90% of class time, participate in class exercises and section-knowledge checks, and score at least 70% on an end-of-class, multiple-choice assessment.
- Document the Current Environment and Proposed Scope for Case Study
- Create Charter and ID Team
- Identify Stakeholders for Case Study
- Case Study: Create Elicitation Plan, Create Interview Event, Create Workshop Event
- Case Study: Modeling Functional Requirements - Use Case Diagrams, Data Modeling - ERD
- Develop Requirements Document Templates
- Develop Requirements Change Flowchart
- Critique and Make Improvements to a Case Study Requirements Document
- Types of requirements including business, stakeholder, functional, non-functional, and transition requirements
- Elicitation techniques including their advantages and disadvantages for the various requirements stakeholders
- Analysis and modeling of requirements
- Types of requirement documents
- Best practices for requirements writing
- How to avoid requirements writing pitfalls
- Steps for requirements verification, validation, and sign-off
- Requirements management processes including data management, tracing, and change management
- Systems Analysts
- Business Analysts
- Requirements Analysts
- Software Engineers
- IT Project Managers
- Project Managers
- Project Analysts
- Project Leaders
- Senior Project Managers
- Team Leaders
- Program Managers
- QA specialists
1. Requirements Issues and Impacts
- Issues from Poor Requirements Processes
- CBAP Review
- Requirements Definition
- Requirements Problems Class Exercise/Brainstorm
- Types of Requirements
- Business vs. Technical Communications
- Requirements Approaches
- Product and Project Life Cycles
- Role of Business Analyst (IIBA View)
- The Requirements Process
- Enterprise Analysis Overview
- What Scope Is
- The Business Case
- Use Cases to Describe Current Environment and Proposed Scope
- The Requirements Communications Plan
- Requirements Conflicts
- The Requirements Package
- The Requirements Charter
- The Requirements Team
- Stakeholder Types
- Identifying Stakeholders
- Analyzing Stakeholders for Requirements
- Creating an Elicitation Archive
- Elicitation Plan
- Functional Requirements
- Non-Functional Requirements
- Modeling Techniques
- UML Techniques
- Data Modeling
- The Requirements Baseline
- Review Meetings
- The Sign-Off Process
- Technical Writing Practices
- Good Requirements Writing Practices
- Requirements Writing Pitfalls and Mistakes
- Requirements Document Enhancements
- Writing Functional and Non-Functional Requirements
- Writing Assumptions and Constraints
- Organizing the Requirements Document
- Managing Throughout the Product Life Cycle
- Components of Requirements Management
- The Change Process
- Requirements/Configuration Management Systems
- Requirements Attributes - Brainstorm
- Requirements Process Close
- Project Life Cycles
- Agile Development Considerations
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Business Analysis Essentials (BA10)
- 28 PMI PDUs - 2.8 CEUs - 28 IIBA CDUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Global Knowledge Ottawa
360 Albert Street
Canada K1R 7X7
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 22 times.