100818 Kubernetes Operations (CN 220) course and prerequisites therein, or equivalent experience Familiarity with the Bash shell Filesystem navigation and manipulation Command line text editors like vim or nano Common tooling like curl, wget and ping Familiarity with YAML and JSON notation Mastery of basic to intermediate Kubernetes tools, like pods, controllers, servi
In the Advanced Kubernetes Operations class, operations staff will learn many of the tools and patterns needed to run a Kubernetes cluster in production. This course is targeted at advanced Kubernetes users tasked with operational responsibilities such as logging, monitoring, alerting, continuous and progressive continuous deployments, as well as cluster bootstrapping, maintenance, backups and disaster recovery. Advanced Kubernetes Operations is a pattern driven course, exploring the powerful patterns of Kubernetes Operators and gitops which can be used across a wide variety of tool chains.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Setting up HA Kubernetes with Kubespray
- Securing the software supply chain with an image registry
- Deploying and managing Kubernetes apps with Helm
- Instrumenting Kubernetes apps and clusters with Prometheus, Kibana, Alertmanager, Grafana and Fluentd
- Continuous Deployment with Istio and Flux
- Cluster backup and disaster recovery with Velero
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is targeted at students with the following:
- Motivations: Deploy & manage a production grade kubernetes cluster
- Roles: Infrastructure/Deployment Engineers, Cloud Architects
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted. Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
your city, your province