We recommend that attendees of this course have previously completed the following AWS courses:
AWS Database Offerings digital training
Data Analytics Fundamentals digital training
Architecting on AWS classroom training
Architecting on AWS
This course will help you learn the design considerations for hosting databases on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2). You will learn about our relational database services including Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS), Amazon Aurora, and Amazon Redshift. You will also learn about our non relational database services including Amazon DocumentDB, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon ElastiCache, Amazon Neptune, and Amazon QLDB. By the end of this course, you will be familiar with the planning and design requirements of all 8 of these AWS databases services, their pros and cons, and how to know which AWS databases service is right for your workloads.
This course includes AWS Training Exclusives.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Apply database concepts, database management, and data modeling techniques
- Evaluate hosting databases on Amazon EC2 instances
- Evaluate relational database services (Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, and Amazon Redshift) and their features
- Evaluate nonrelational database services (Amazon DocumentDB, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon ElastiCache, Amazon Neptune, and Amazon QLDB) and their features
- Examine how the design criteria apply to each service
- Apply management principles based on the unique features of each service
- Module 0: Planning and Designing Databases on AWS
- Module 1: Database Concepts and General Guidelines
- Module 2: Database Planning and Design
- Module 3: Databases on Amazon EC2
- Module 4: Purpose-Built Databases
- Module 5: Databases on Amazon RDS
- Module 6: Databases in Amazon Aurora
- Module 6: Databases in Amazon Aurora (continued)
- Module 7: Databases in Amazon DocumentDB (with MongoDB compatibility)
- Module 8: Amazon DynamoDB Tables
- Module 9: Databases in Amazon Neptune
- Module 10: Databases in Amazon Quantum Ledger Database (Amazon QLDB)
- Module 11: Databases in Amazon ElastiCache
- Module 12: Data Warehousing in Amazon Redshift
- Module 13: Course Review
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Data platform engineers, Database administrators, Solutions architects, IT professionals.
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted. Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
your city, your province