Canada's Venture Capital and Private Equity Association (CVCA)
The CVCA was founded in 1974 and is the association that represents Canada’s venture capital and private equity industry. It is a member-based organization consisting of firms and organizations which manage pools of risk capital designated to be committed to venture capital and private equity investment. With over 1000 members, the CVCA represents the majority of venture and private equity capital managed in Canada.
The CVCA’s mission is to promote the development of the Canadian venture capital industry. CVCA pursues this mission through active advocacy and development activities, such as:
* Promoting sound public policy, including on tax, trade and securities issues to federal and provincial governments and regulatory bodies to bring about a strong, effective and internationally competitive venture capital and private equity industry.
* Facilitating information exchange, communication, and association among all persons engaged in the investment of risk capital in Canada through periodic networking and social events
* Providing a forum for the professional development of its members and those interested in the venture capital industry through regular educational events
* Encouraging Canadian and foreign institutional investors, including corporate and public pension funds and insurance companies, to allocate a portion of their monies under management to Canadian venture and private equity capital investment
* Encouraging individuals including angel investors to invest in, and provide advice to, early stage Canadian growth companies
* Enhancing ties with leading venture capital/private equity associations around the world, particularly in the U.S., Europe, Australia and Israel.