There are no prerequisites for this course.
LessonsLearn how to increase your impact as you effectively manage organizational change initiatives.
This course focuses on change management in the areas of organizational development and human resource management combined with standardized portfolio, program, and project management approaches-finally seen as both people and processes integration.
Many recent studies show that organizations that use standardized portfolio, program, and project management (i.e., PMBOKÂ® 5th Edition) practices in-sync with thorough and standardized change management approaches have much higher success rates.
The ability to manage and adapt to organizational change is an essential ability required in the workplace today. Due to the growth of technology, modern organizational change is largely motivated by exterior innovations rather than internal moves. When these developments occur, the organizations that adapt quickest create a competitive advantage for themselves, while the companies that refuse to change get left behind. This can result in dramatic profit changes.
Organizational change directly affects everyone from the entry-level employee to senior management. So, everyone must learn how to handle changes to the organization, where managers and executives are charged with the additional responsibility for making change happen in and through the different levels of strategic execution.Did You Know?
This class is available in our Virtual Classroom -- live online training that combines premium skills development technologies and expert instructors, content, and exercises to ensure superior training, regardless of your location.What You'll Learn
- Main concepts and practical applications about organizational change
- How portfolio, program, and project management uses the effective change management practices inherent in the PMIÂ® global standards
- Practices, processes, tools, and techniques on managing change in the context of portfolio, program, and primarily project management
- Planning, managing success and resistance, as well as implementing and sustaining change at different organizational levels
- How critical and important change management uses project management as the key driver in executing organizational strategy
Project managers, senior project managers, IT managers and professionals, program managers, portfolio managers, HR managers and executives, organizational development professionals, project sponsors and executives, functional managers, project coordinators and administrators, project analysts, project leaders, team leaders, product managers, R&D managers, project team members and any other project or program related functions across all industry domains.Follow-On Courses
- Program Management (PM85)
- Requirements Development, Documentation, and Management (BA20)
- Project Management, Leadership, and Communication (PM02)
1. Why Change?
2. What is Change Management?
- Change as a Strategy
- Common Models of Change
- Corporate Culture and Change
- Change Lifecycle Framework
- Critical Change Factors
- Organizational Project Management Context
- Assessing Change Readiness
- Key Success Factors and Barriers
- Change in the Portfolio Management Context
- Change Formulation
- Measuring Benefits Realization
- Change in the Program Management Context
- Organizational Capabilities in Program Management
- Practices in Program Management
- Change in the Project Management Context
- Practices in Project Management
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted. Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
Global Knowledge Toronto Bloor EAST
2 Bloor Street EAST 31st Floor