A general understanding of ISO 22000:2005 is recommended.
Omnex is an Exemplar Global Certified TPECS provider for Exemplar Global-FS and Exemplar Global-AU Competency Units. Omnex is also a licensed training organization for FSSC 22000. This seminar fully covers the ISO 22000:2005 requirements and provides a comprehensive discussion of the requirements for a Food Safety Management System under the FSSC 22000 certification scheme. It also covers effective approaches to documenting, developing, implementing or just upgrading a food safety management system to meet the requirements of FSSC 22000 and the operational objectives of the company. Other topics include audit systems, the auditing process and audit instruments; the documentation process, conducting an audit, writing the audit report, and taking corrective action.
Attendees who successfully pass the exams during this course will achieve a Certificate of Attainment for the following competency units:
- Exemplar Global-FS
- Exemplar Global-AU
Who Should Attend
This seminar is designed for Food Quality Assurance Managers, Food Safety Implementation Team Members, Management Representatives, and Internal Auditors.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual.
- Identify food safety hazards that are reasonably expected to occur for the food type/industry.
- Assess the significance of identified hazards in the context of the organization's food safety management system.
- Assess the effectiveness of methodologies to control food safety hazards.
- Identify all integrated schemes and procedures used by the organization to achieve food safety objectives.
- Determine the adequacy and effectiveness of a food safety scheme.
- Understand the application of HACCP theory and principles to individual food businesses.
- Understand the application of food safety management systems as it relates to ISO 22000.
- Understand the application of the principles, procedures and techniques of auditing.
- Understand the conduct of an effective audit in the context of the auditee's organizational situation.
- Understand the application of the regulations, and other considerations that are relevant to the management system, and the conduct of the audit.
- Practice personal attributes necessary for the effective and efficient conduct of a management system audit.
- Introduction and Welcome
- The Challenge for the Food Sector
- Overview of FSSC 22000
- Overview of ISO 22000:2005 Requirements
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) - Codex Alimentarius
- Breakout Exercise 1: Hazard Analysis
- Breakout Exercise 2: Hazard Plan
- Breakout Exercise 3: HACCP Plan
- Breakout Exercise 4: Putting a HACCP Plan Together
- Prerequisite Programs (PRPs) â€“ ISO/TS 22002
- Breakout Exercise 5: Documentation Review
- Management of Audit Programs
- Audit Planning and Preparation
- Breakout Exercise 6: Scope and Objectives
- Breakout Exercise 7: Audit Plan
- Performing the Audit
- Breakout Exercise 8: Opening Meeting
- Breakout Exercise 9: Conducting the Audit
- Writing Nonconformity Statements
- Breakout Exercise 10: Writing Nonconformities
- Closing Meeting
- Breakout Exercise 11: Summary Statement and Closing Meeting
- Completing the Audit Report
- Corrective Action and Closeout
- Breakout Exercise 12: Verification and Closeout
Client will be charged 50% of total training fees if they cancel their scheduled registration with less than 1 week of notice prior to the training dates listed on the invoice. Cancellation fee will be reduced to 20% if: 1. Client is able to substitute with another attendee for scheduled training date. 2. Client is able to reschedule training for a future scheduled date.
LMT Training Centre
25 Watline Avenue Suite 201