LessonsLearn to deal with difficult subjects in business situations.
In this short course, you'll gain tools and insight into effective approaches for managing conflict and those difficult conversations we find ourselves trying to avoid. Prepare yourself by becoming aware of the roles emotion and personality play. Learn to get past the procrastination to take in the big picture and really listen.
This is a virtual short course, specially designed to give you a quick, convenient way to earn PMI PDUs or concentrate on a specialized topic. This course is also part of our PMPÂ® Renewal Program.What You'll Learn
- Avoid avoiding the unpleasant conversations and situations
- Deal with difficult people and situations
- How emotions and personalities affect situations
- Steps to de-escalate tense and or emotional situations
- Become a better observer of people and their personalities
- Prepare for your next challenging conversation with a plan!
PMP-certified project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers, program managers, project sponsors, and project team members who want to continue to develop their skills and renew their PMP certification.
1. Everyone encounters challenging conversations
- Key executive skill and common issue for executives
- Why do we avoid them?
- Why do we delay dealing with these issues?
- Key reasons for these challenges
- How do you become aware of these challenges
- Emotions derail rational thought
- Do not let emotions cloud your judgment
- What happens to productivity and the environment
- How do you step into the breach
- Emotions are too high, irrational behavior occurs
- Preparation needed before starting the conversation
- Understanding the nuances of people
- Getting to know personalities and their differences
- Three conversations typically take place
- Be aware of your thinking pattern during the conversation
- Learn from every conversation
- Keep the focus on the objectives
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted. Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
your city, your province