Dell SonicWALL Secure Mobile Access Basic Administration (SMABA)
LessonsLearn to administer and manage the SMA appliance.
In this course, you will connect to your own iOS or Droid mobile device to access the Mobile Connect client for hands-on participation. You will learn to administer and manage the Secure Mobile Access (SMA) appliance to provide secure, anywhere access to applications and resources for employees, business partners, and other users. You will cover using the Appliance Management Console (AMC) to provide users with secure access to any application-from corporate laptops or un-managed computers-based on secure authentication and authorization policies and appropriate end point control requirements. Students will further learn advanced deployment options and troubleshooting methodologies.
Upon completion of this course, you are encouraged to take the Certified SonicWALL System Professional(CSSP) exam.
For registrations using an application key, you cannot register online; you must call to complete your registration.What You'll Learn
- Maintain and monitor a DellÂ® SMA appliance
- Provide secure access to applications and resources for a variety of users
- All administrators of Dell SMA appliances who need to maintain and monitor a Dell SMA appliance
- System engineers, channel partners, service partners, and end users
- An active CSSA certification in SMA
- Basic understanding of networking and networking technologies and the technologies being used in your environment or the environments of your customers
- Comfort with basic command-line utilities
- Familiarity with SSL, certificates, and certificate authorities
- Basic understanding of directories (LDAP, Microsoft Active Directory, or RADIUS)
- Basic understanding of VPN technology (IPSec and SSL)
Note: You will be tested on this material.
- Dell SonicWALL Secure Mobile Access Basic Administration (SMABA)
This course is part of the following programs or tracks:
- CSSP - Certified SonicWALL Security Professional
1. Course Introduction
- Course Introduction
- Review: Installation
- Review: Authentication Servers
- Review: User Management
- Review: Access Methods
- Review: Resources and Access Control Rules
- Review: Workplace Portal
- Adv: Auth Servers and User Management
- Adv: Access Methods
- Overview: End Point Control
- Device Profiles
- Overview: Mobile Connect
- Mobile Connect Features
- Application Access Control Configuration
- Network Configuration and Logging
- System Monitoring and Maintenance
- Security Best Practices
This course includes hands-on exercises throughout to reinforce your training.
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted. Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
your city, your province