LessonsCourse Length: 24hrs (4 Days)
This course covers both Excel Power BI Online and Power BI desktop and is designed to teach the participant how to combine the functionality of Power View, PowerPivot, Power Query, and Power BI into graphs, charts, KPIs, reports, and other visualizations for use in their business. This course is lab example intensive.
Upon completing this course students will have the ability to utilize and implement the concepts learned. Students will have a basic understanding of the below topics:
- Explain and utilize DAX data types and operator overloading.
- Explain and utilize DAX operators.
- Explain and utilize DAX values.
- Understand and utilize PowerPivot Data Model.
- Explain error handling.
- Explain and utilize mathematical functions.
- Explain and utilize statistical functions.
- Explain and utilize information functions.
- Explain and utilize text functions.
- Explain and utilize conversion functions.
- Explain and utilize aggregation functions.
- Explain and utilize relational functions.
- Explain and utilize the CALCULATE function.
- Explain and utilize filter functions.
- Explain and utilize single table evaluation context.
- Explain and utilize multiple table evaluation context.
- Create and configure calculated fields.
- Create and configure calculated columns.
- Explain and utilize date functions.
- Explain and utilize working with calendars.
- Explain and utilize using multiple calendars.
- Create and configure date calculations.
- Explain and utilize many-to-many relationships.
- Explain and utilize banding.
- Explain and utilize EVALUATE.
- Explain and utilize advanced DAX capabilities.
- Explain the benefits of DAX Studio.
- Navigate the Power View interface.
- Utilize Power View reports.
- Work with tables.
- Understand aggregations.
- Utilize matrix.
- Configure drill through.
- Use cards as a visualization.
- Apply filters.
- Create charts.
- Utilize tiles.
- Add slicers to reports.
- Utilize themes.
- Navigate the PowerPivot interface.
- Load data.
- Examine and configure relationships.
- Configure calculated columns and calculated fields.
- Create PivotTables.
- Understand and utilize DAX.
- Use KPIs.
- Work with hierarchies.
- Manage perspectives.
This course is intended for Power Users, Business Intelligence Developers, and IT Professionals that will be involved with the development of Excel PowerPivot queries and tabular modeling.
Section 1: Introduction to DAX
Introduction to DAX
Exploring Data Types
PowerPivot Data Model
Section 2: Using DAX Functions
Section 3: Understanding Evaluation Contexts
The CALCULATE Function
Single Table Evaluation Context
Multiple Table Evaluation Context
Section 4: Working with Dates
Working with Calendars
Using Multiple Calendars
Section 5: Utilizing Advanced DAX Functionality
Simplifying Your Life with DAX Studio
Section 6: Power View
Exploring the Power View Interface
Visualizing Power View Reports
Working with Tables
Configuring Drill Through
Adding Slicers to Reports
Section 7: PowerPivot
Exploring the PowerPivot Interface
Configuring Calculated Columns and Calculated Fields
Utilizing DAX Functions
Working with Hierarchies
Section 8: Power Query
Exploring the Power Query Interface
Examining Data Cleaning
Section 9: Power Map
Exploring the Power Map Interface
Using Bing Maps
Examining Map Data
Reviewing Map Types and Presentation
Section 10: Introduction to Power BI
Introducing Power BI
Explaining Excel and Power BI
Examining Data Sources
Querying with Natural Language
Simplifying Your Life with DAX Studio
Compuease Cancellation Policy
We at Compuease work hard to arrange our schedules around your needs. Last minute cancellations put additional strain on our schedules and therefore we have the following Cancellation Policy for our Public Classes. You may cancel or reschedule a registration at any time up to 10 business days before the class without penalty. Canceling or rescheduling a registration within 10 business days requires full payment of the course fee. You are welcome to transfer your seat in a class to another individual at any time before the class.
CompuEase Training Classroom
130 Albert Street Suite 801