LessonsProject management is becoming increasingly key to the success of any new initiatives within an organization. Those responsible for projects need to understand how effective planning and the application of team-skills in projects is essential to make them, the team and the organization successful. This workshop is aimed at individuals who are new to the role of project manager and for those wanting to gain a fundamental understanding of what project management is about (including the stages, procedures and common terminology used in most projects).
This one-day workshop provides a fairly extensive survey of the discipline of project management. The goal is to condense the vital material into a single dayÂ€(TM)s experience to provide you with the basics of Project Management. The key focus areas will include the five stages of a project encompassing the project charter, the communication plan, risk and the key project activities.
This workshop has a maximum seating limit of 16 participants.
Topics covered in this workshop include:
- Â Â Â The characteristics of projects in an organization.
- Â Â Â PMIÂ€(TM)s 9 Project Management Knowledge areas.
- Â Â Â The project charter and how to use it in a project.
- Â Â Â The "Triple Constraint" in project management.
- Â Â Â The critical path for a project.
- Â Â Â Differentiate milestones from other project activities.
- Â Â Â Manage project risks.
- Â Â Â Communication plans and project reporting.
- Â Â Â Post project analysis and lessons learned to support best practice within your organization.
- Â Â Â Recognize the components of a project charter,
- Â Â Â Understand the "Triple Constraint" and itÂ€(TM)s impact on a project,
- Â Â Â Understand and be able to calculate the critical path of a project to keep them on track,
- Â Â Â Determine how each of PMIÂ€(TM)s 9 PM areas can help to improve a project,
- Â Â Â Understand how milestones help to keep projects on track,
- Â Â Â Effectively manage project risk,
- Â Â Â Create a communication plan to report on project progress,
- Â Â Â Evaluate and reapply any project lessons in to future projects.
This program is valuable for those looking the basics on how to build their project management skills, ability and knowledge. It is ideal for anyone required to manage basic projects.
Cancellations made 21 or more days prior to the scheduled workshop date are subject to a $100 per person per day (plus tax) administration fee. For cancellations made between 3 and 20 days prior, participant and event substitutions are allowed (subject to availability).
Gaski Training Centre
7181 Woodbine Ave, Suite 103