Basic keyboard and mouse skills; basic Windows skills.
LessonsUpon completion of this course, participants will be able to accomplish the following:
- Create, open, close, and save drawing files, and work with stencilsand drawing pages.
- Use the drawing features in Video, including the drawing tools,master shapes, and formatting tools.
- Use the text editing and formatting tools available in Visio 2010.
- Use shape connectors, and become familiar with methods ofconnecting shapes, glue types, and connecting organization charts.
- Add headers and footers to a drawing, create and apply backgroundpages, and preview drawing files
- Use the Find Shape command to locate shapes on stencils, and usethe Spelling dialog box to check for and correct spelling errors
- Understanding Visio Concepts
- Getting Started
- Identifying Screen Elements
- Creating Drawing Files
- Opening and Closing Drawing Files
- Working with Stencils
- Working with Drawing Pages
- Viewing Drawings
- Understanding Drawings
- Drawing Shapes
- Editing Shapes
- Formatting Shapes
- Arranging Shapes
- Using Advanced Drawing Tools
- Using Themes
- Understanding Text Basics
- Working with Text and Shapes
- Editing Text
- Formatting Text
- Using Connectors and Glue
- Choosing the Type of Connectors
- Choosing the Method of Connecting Shapes
- Using Glue
- Connecting Organization Chart Shapes
- Setting Up Pages
- Setting Up Headers and Footers
- Defining Background Pages
- Printing and Previewing
- Searching for Shapes
- Checking Spelling
10 business days cancellation or full course fee will be charged
TTC, B-11 Cameron Library
11320-89 Avenue, University of Alberta