- Microsoft Systems Center Training
- Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center (M20409)
Obtain the skills you need to deploy and manage a Microsoft Server Virtualization infrastructure in an enterprise environment. You will learn how to configure, manage & maintain Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V & System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine
- Course Start Date: Jul. 23
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 11:30 am - 7:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 5 days
11:30 AM - 07:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Microsoft Systems Center Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Implement Microsoft Server Virtualization with Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V and System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
Prepare for your Microsoft Certified Specialist: Server Virtualization with Hyper-V and System Center Certification.
For a limited time, Global Knowledge is pleased to offer you a free exam voucher for Microsoft Exam 74-409: Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center upon completion of this course.
Obtain the skills you need to deploy and manage a Microsoft Server Virtualization infrastructure in an enterprise environment. You will learn how to configure, manage, and maintain Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V and System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager including networking and storage services. You will learn how to configure key Microsoft Server Virtualization features such as Generation 2 Virtual Machines, Replication Extension, Online Export, Cross-Version Live Migration, Online VHDX Resizing, Live Migration Performance tuning as well as Dynamic Virtual Switch Load Balancing and virtual Receive Side Scaling (vRSS).
This course incorporates materials from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 20409: Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center and it can assist you in your preparation for Exam 74-409: Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center.
NOTE: This course is based on Windows Server 2012 R2 Preview and System Center 2012 R2 Preview.Certification:
This course can assist you in your preparation for Exam 74-409: Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center.Did You Know?
This class is available in our Virtual Classroom -- live online training that combines premium skills development technologies and expert instructors, content, and exercises to ensure superior training, regardless of your location.What You'll Learn
- Install and configure the Hyper-V server role
- Create virtual machines, create and manage virtual hard disks and work with snapshots
- Create and configure virtual machine networks in a Hyper-V environment
- Implement virtual machine movement and Hyper-V Replica
- Provide high availability for Hyper-V environment by implementing failover clustering
- Manage virtual environment by using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
- Manage networking and storage infrastructure in Virtual Machine Manager
- Configure and manage Virtual Machine Manager library and library objects
- Create and manage virtual machines by using Virtual Machine Manager
- Create and manage clouds by using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
- Create and manage services in System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
- Protect virtualization infrastructure by using Windows Server Backup and Data Protection Manager
- Experienced IT professionals who support medium to large enterprises who are responsible for designing, implementing, managing, and maintaining a virtualization infrastructure
- Those who will determine which virtualization product to implement in their data centers
- Monitoring and Operating a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 (M10750)
- Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 (M10751)
1. Evaluating the Environment for Virtualization
- Overview of Microsoft Virtualization
- Overview of System Center 2012 R2 Components
- Evaluating Current Environment for Virtualization
- Extending Virtualization to the Cloud
- Installing the Hyper-V Server Role
- Managing Hyper-V
- Configuring Hyper-V Settings
- Hyper-V Host Storage and Networking
- Creating and Configuring Virtual Hard Disks
- Creating and Configuring Virtual Machines
- Installing and Importing Virtual Machines
- Managing Virtual Machine Checkpoints
- Monitoring Hyper-V
- Designing and Managing Virtual Machines
- Creating and Using Hyper-V Virtual Switches
- Advanced Hyper-V Networking Features
- Configuring and Using Hyper-V Network Virtualization
- Providing High Availability and Redundancy for Virtualization
- Implementing Virtual Machine Movement
- Implementing and Managing Hyper-V Replica
- Overview of Failover Clustering
- Configuring and Using Shared Storage
- Implementing and Managing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
- Integrating System Center and Server Virtualization
- Overview of System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager
- Installing System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
- Adding Hosts and Managing Host Groups
- Managing Networking Infrastructure
- Managing Storage Infrastructure
- Managing Infrastructure Updates
- Virtual Machine Management Tasks in VMM
- Creating, Cloning, and Converting Virtual Machines
- Overview of Virtual Machine Updating
- Overview of the Virtual Machine Manager Library
- Working With Profiles and Templates
- Introduction to Clouds
- Creating and Managing a Cloud
- Working With User Roles in Virtual Machine Manager
- Understanding Services in System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
- Creating and Managing Services in VMM
- Using System Center 2012 R2 App Controller
- Overview of Backup and Restore Options for Virtual Machines
- Protecting Virtualization Infrastructure by Using Data Protection Manager
- Using System Center Operations Manager for Monitoring and Reporting
- Integrating Virtual Machine Manager with Operations Manager
NOTE: Labs are based on Windows Server 2012 R2 Preview and System Center 2012 R2 Preview.
Lab 1: Evaluating the Environment for Virtualization
- Select the Appropriate Virtualization Method
- Access the Environment by Using MAP
- Install the Hyper-V Server Role
- Configure Hyper-V Settings
- Access and Manage Hyper-V Remotely
- Create and Manage Virtual Hard Disks
- Create and Manage Virtual Machines
- Import Virtual Machines and Work with Checkpoints
- Monitor Hyper-V
- Create and Use Hyper-V Virtual Switches
- Configure and Use Advanced Virtual Switch Features
- Configure Hyper-V Network Virtualization
- Move Hyper-V Storage and Virtual Machines
- Configure and Manage Hyper-V Replica
- Create Hyper-V Failover Cluster
- Manage Hyper-V Failover Cluster
- Installing and Configuring System Center 2012 VMM SP1
- Managing Hosts and Host Groups
- Implement a Network Infrastructure
- Implement a Storage Infrastructure
- Manage Infrastructure Updates
- Create a Virtual Machine and Modify Its Properties
- Clone a Virtual Machine
- Configure and Manage the Virtual Machine Manager Library
- Create and Manage Profiles and Templates
- Create a Cloud
- Work With User Roles
- Deploy Virtual Machines to a Cloud
- Create a Service Template
- Deploy a Service and Updating Service Template
- Configure an App Controller
- Deploy Virtual Machine in App Controller
- Implement System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager Agent
- Configure Operations Manager Monitoring Components
- Configure Operations Manager Integration with Virtual Machine Manager
- Prerequisites & Certificates
IT professionals who support medium to large enterprises and have experience administering Windows Server 2012 Familiarity with virtualization concepts and management tools is highly recommended, though experience with virtualization is not expected Ability to perform server administrator tasks to build and maintain a virtualization infrastructure Must have an understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts and different storage technologies and concepts Must An understanding of Windows PowerShell Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 (M20410) or equivalent knowledge Administering Windows Server 2012 (M20411) or equivalent knowledge Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 (M20410) Administering Windows Server 2012 (M20411)
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
your city, your province
your country .
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 11 times.