In this course, power users will gain the skills needed to perform SharePoint 2013 site collections & site administration. You will learn to plan, create, secure, administer & customize a SharePoint 2013 portal. You'll also learn how to design a social..
- Course Start Date: Dec. 18
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 5 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Microsoft Sharepoint Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Gain the administration skills needed for SharePoint 2013 site collections and sites.
In this course, power users will gain the skills needed to perform SharePoint 2013 site collections and site administration. You will learn to plan, create, secure, administer, and customize a SharePoint 2013 portal. You'll also learn how to design a social experience in SharePoint 2013 along with using search and the role of governance.
This course incorporates materials from the Official Microsoft Learning Product: SharePoint 2013 Site Collection and Site Administration (55033).Global Knowledge Exclusive!
Continue developing your skills after class with 24/7 access to our live remote labs for six months, providing you with valuable extra time for hands-on practice.What You'll Learn
- Design and implement a company portal structure using SharePoint 2013 objects including sites, libraries, lists, and pages
- Role of security and permissions throughout SharePoint 2013
- Implement guidelines for consistency in building a company portal to aid in the day-to-day administration of content in SharePoint 2013
- Enhance the design of and content on a company portal using SharePoint 2013 themes and web parts
- Importance of governance for the planning and managing future growth of the SharePoint 2013 implementation
- Options to integrate data from other systems as well as preserve existing data
- Role of social networking in SharePoint 2013 and its impact on collaboration
SharePoint site collection administrators, site administrators, and power users who are tasked with working within the SharePoint environmentFollow-On Courses
- Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 (M20331)
- Advanced Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 (M20332)
1. Getting Started with SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2013 roles and terminology
- Navigating SharePoint 2013
- Utilizing functions available in the Microsoft ribbon
- Creating and adding basic content to SharePoint
- Governance and its role within SharePoint 2013
- Developing information architecture
- Developing a site structure
- Implementing a site structure
- Adding and customizing apps
- Creating and customizing views
- Modifying site navigation
- Creating new site columns
- Designing and implementing content types
- Implementing a taxonomy using the Managed Metadata Service
- Implementing the Content Organizer
- Site and list templates
- Best practices around creating consistency
- Concept of sharing
- Designing and implementing security
- Best practices around SharePoint 2013 security
- Implementing themes and adding a logo
- Adding web parts to pages
- Using audiences for targeting content
- External content types
- Implementing records management and an eDiscovery center
- Enabling web content management
- Creating a managed metadata navigation site
- Implementing image constraints and a publishing workflow
- Structure of pages
- Role of social computing in SharePoint 2013
- Best practices for implementing social collaboration
- Designing a social experience
- Implementing a community site using the social computing features of SharePoint 2013
- Creating an enterprise Search Center
- Customizing the Search Center
- Role of governance for SharePoint
- Developing a governance plan and team
- Additional settings for site collection administrators and site administrators
Lab 1: Create a Structured Company Portal
Lab 2a: Create Custom Columns and Content Types
Lab 2b: Implement a Taxonomy
Lab 2c: Configure the Content Organizer
Lab 3: Manage Permissions in SharePoint
Lab 4a: Add and Configure Web Parts
Lab 4b: Connect Web Parts
Lab 4c: Apply Themes to Your Company Portal
Lab 5a: Access External Data
Lab 5b: Use Records Management to Preserve Data
Lab 6a: Create a Rich Publishing Site
Lab 6b: Configure a Publishing Approval Process
Lab 6c: Implement a Managed Navigation Site
Lab 7a: Design a Social Experience in SharePoint 2013
Lab 7b: Create a Community Site
Lab 8: Configure an Advanced Search Center
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Experience with: Windows Client Operating System: Windows XP, Windows 7, or Windows 8 Microsoft Office 2007, Office 2010, or Office 2013 Microsoft Internet Explorer 7,8, or 9
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
your city, your province
your country .
Registration for this course has been closed.
This course may be available on a different date listed below.
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 54 times.