There are no prerequisites for this course.
Conflict, put quite simply, is a disagreement between two or more parties that creates a feeling of discomfort resulting in a change in behaviour by at least one of the parties. Sometimes the change is quite visible, as in the case where arguments break out; other times it is quite subtle and involves changes in tone of voice and/or body language.
Conflict in the workplace is a distraction at best and a disruption at worst. Managers must be aware of conflict among their team members and be prepared to provide the tools to help the team resolve it. And, when team members can't resolve conflict, managers must be prepared to step in.
This one-day conflict management workshop helps build effective conflict resolution skills in people who manage or influence others.Benefits for the Individual
- Understand what conflict is and where it comes from
- Learn and apply the tools to manage or resolve conflict in the workplace
- Learn how to turn conflict into an opportunity for the team
- Understand your conflict management style
- Demonstrate ways to modify your style to suit the circumstance
- Deal more effectively with difficult people
- Increased collaboration and teamwork as conflicts are managed early and effectively
- A faster return-to-productivity once conflicts are managed or resolved
- Improved coaching skills for managers of people
- Fewer issues that result in conflict
- Ensure your communication style does not build conflict
- Use a variety of question types to explore the opinions and insights of others
- Prevent misunderstandings from becoming conflicts
- Manage or resolve conflicts faster and with greater impact
Anyone who manages or influences others in the workplaceFollow-On Courses
- The Power of Influence in the Workplace
- Communicating for Clarity
1. What conflict is and where it comes from
2. Conflict management tools
3. Determining your conflict management style
4. Modifying your conflict management style to suit the circumstance
5. Turning conflict into an opportunity for the team
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted. Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
GK at ctc Toronto
595 Bay Street