In this course, you will be introduced to networking concepts in today's increasingly connected and technology-driven businesses.
- Course Start Date: Dec. 18
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 3 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:MTA Certifications
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
In this course, you will be introduced to networking concepts in today's increasingly connected and technology-driven businesses. You will learn how communication and information transfers are enabled by networking technologies such as the Internet, intranet, and extranet, local area networks, wide area networks, wireless networking, network topologies, and access methods. You will also build foundational knowledge in various networking concepts, including the OSI model, IP addressing, Internet Protocols, and more.
This course is designed to help you prepare for Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Exam: 98-366 - Networking Fundamentals, which can be taken outside of the course.What You'll Learn
- Networking concepts in an internetworked environment ranging from LANs, WANs, VLANs, extranets, and the Internet
- Physical networking hardware such as routers, switches, and different media types
- Key networking concepts such as local and wide area networking, the OSI model, basic Internet Protocols, and IP addressing (IPv4, IPv6)
- TCP/IP, DNS, and important tools to diagnose Internet connectivity
1. Local Area Networking
- Local Area Networks, Devices, and Data Transfer
- Network Topologies and Standards
- Access Methods
- OSI Basics
- Communications Subnetwork
- Upper OSI Layers
- Communications Subnetwork
- OSI Model
- Wired Networks and Media Types
- Wireless Networks
- Using Basic TCP/IP Commands
- Advanced TCP/IP Commands
- Set Up Common Networking Services
- Name Resolution Techniques
- Common WAN Technologies and Connections
- Wide Area Networks (WANs)
- Networks Outside the LAN
- Security Devices and Zones
- Concepts of the Internet, Intranet, and Extranet
- Prerequisites & Certificates
An understanding of IT and business environments is beneficial, but not required
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
your city, your province
your country .
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 36 times.