Effective meetings require skill and technique in order for the meeting to achieve its purpose. Disorganized and poorly managed meetings waste time and hurt your leadership credibility (as a meeting manager/organizer). This Meeting Management workshop is an interactive, hands-on program that explores what to do before, during, and after meetings in order to create effective, impacting and efficient meetings.
Whether you are planning a one-time project kick-off meeting or you hold regular weekly meetings, this program gives you the basic tools required to plan, execute and support your meeting from beginning to end. You will learn planning and leading techniques that will give you the confidence to run a meeting that will engage your attendees and leave a positive and lasting impression.
This workshop has a maximum seating limit of 16 participants.
Who should attend:
This program is valuable for those looking to learn how to build their skills at managing effective meetings. It is ideal for all meeting formats and environments.
Topics covered in this workshop include:
- Introduction to Meeting Management
- The Key Components to Effective Meetings
- Before the Meeting Â€- Planning
- During the Meeting Â€- Executing
- End of the Meeting Â€- Closing
- Meeting Roles
- The Role of the Facilitation
- Managing Group Dynamics
- Maximizing Meeting Participation
- Dealing with Disruptions
- Meeting Aids
- Decision Making Options
- Effective Agendas
- Meeting Ground Rules
- Types of Meetings
Learning outcomes for this workshop include:
- Design, plan and prepare for effective meetings,
- Create clear and concise meeting agendas,
- Recognize the role of the facilitator before and during a meeting,
- Differentiate between Â€'when to facilitate'Â€Â and 'when to leadÂ€'Â during meetings,
- Handle group dynamics and challenging situations effectively,
- Direct the group energies and talents to achieve the objectives and/or outcomes defined for the meeting,
- Facilitate the group to move from robust, inclusive discussions/ideas toward specific actions and plans,
- Deal with disruptions, professionally handling personality conflicts and difficult situations.
Cancellations made 21 or more days prior to the scheduled workshop date are subject to a $100 per person per day (plus tax) administration fee. For cancellations made between 3 and 20 days prior, participant and event substitutions are allowed (subject to availability).
Gaski Training Centre
7181 Woodbine Ave, Suite 103