LessonsLearn effective ways to improve scope stability.
"Scope creep" can be a stumbling block for project managers. In this short course, you will learn to effectively deal with the general instability of project scope as well as the influence stakeholders have on it. You'll discover the importance of attention, discipline, revision, and documentation when controlling project scope as you learn to improve scope stability and to establish mechanisms that will allow flexibility without sacrificing control.
This is a virtual short course, specially designed to give you a quick, convenient way to earn PMI PDUs or concentrate on a specialized topic. This course is also part of our PMPÂ® Renewal Program.What You'll Learn
- How to use the "wave"
- The importance of integrating a focus on both product and work scope
- Which scope-change triggers to monitor
- How to define the critical success factors affecting project scope
- Effective tools to increase scope control
- Effective use of the WBS
PMP-certified project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers, program managers, project sponsors, and project team members who want to continue to develop their skills and renew their PMP certification.
1. Project Scope Foundations
- Project vs. Product Scope
- Scope Statement vs. WBS
- Stakeholder Identification
- Requirements Definition
- Scope Definition
- Rolling Wave Planning
- Constraints and Assumptions
- Risk-Scope Interdependence
- Scope Change Control Techniques
- Communicating Scope Changes
- Engaging Stakeholders as Participants in Managing Scope Change
- Securing Stakeholder Buy-In
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted. Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
your city, your province