In this short course, you'll gain tools and insight into effective approaches for managing conflict and those difficult conversations we find ourselves trying to avoid.
- Course Start Date: Mar. 8
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 1 day
03:00 PM - 05:00 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
- Category:Communication Management
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Learn to deal with difficult subjects in business situations.
In this short course, you'll gain tools and insight into effective approaches for managing conflict and those difficult conversations we find ourselves trying to avoid. Prepare yourself by becoming aware of the roles emotion and personality play. Learn to get past the procrastination to take in the big picture and really listen.
This is a virtual short course, specially designed to give you a quick, convenient way to earn PMI PDUs or concentrate on a specialized topic. This course is also part of our PMP® Renewal Program.What You'll Learn
- Avoid avoiding the unpleasant conversations and situations
- Deal with difficult people and situations
- How emotions and personalities affect situations
- Steps to de-escalate tense and or emotional situations
- Become a better observer of people and their personalities
- Prepare for your next challenging conversation with a plan!
PMP-certified project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers, program managers, project sponsors, and project team members who want to continue to develop their skills and renew their PMP certification.
1. Everyone encounters challenging conversations
- Key executive skill and common issue for executives
- Why do we avoid them?
- Why do we delay dealing with these issues?
- Key reasons for these challenges
- How do you become aware of these challenges
- Emotions derail rational thought
- Do not let emotions cloud your judgment
- What happens to productivity and the environment
- How do you step into the breach
- Emotions are too high, irrational behavior occurs
- Preparation needed before starting the conversation
- Understanding the nuances of people
- Getting to know personalities and their differences
- Three conversations typically take place
- Be aware of your thinking pattern during the conversation
- Learn from every conversation
- Keep the focus on the objectives
- Prerequisites & Certificates
2 PMI PDUs * Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
your city, your province
your country .
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course currently does not have any dates other than this one scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates.
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 28 times.