- Project Management Professional PMP
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification: Fifth Edition - 40 PDUs
Your ability as a project manager to demonstrate best practices in project management-both on the job and through professional certification-is becoming the standard to compete in today's fast-paced and highly technical workplace.
- Course Start Date: Jul. 23
- Location: Toronto
- Time: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 5 days 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:1
- Category:Project Management Professional PMP
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Your ability as a project manager to demonstrate best practices in project management"both on the job and through professional certification"is becoming the standard to compete in today(TM)s fast-paced and highly technical workplace. In this course, you will apply the generally recognized practices of project management acknowledged by the Project Management Institute (PMI®) to successfully manage projects.
This course is specifically designed to provide you with the proven, practical body of project management knowledge and skills that you need to demonstrate project management mastery on the job. Additionally, this course can be a significant part of your preparation for the Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification Exam.
Students will earn 35 contact hours or 40 Professional Development Units (PDU) by attending this PMI approved course.
This course is designed for persons who have on the job experience performing project management tasks, whether or not project manager is their formal job role, who are not certified project management professionals, and who might or might not have received formal project management training. The course is appropriate for these persons if they wish to develop professionally, increase their project management skills, apply a formalized and standards-based approach to project management, seek career advancement by moving into a formal project manager job role, as well as to apply for Project Management Institute, Inc. (PMI®) Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification.
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Familiarity with project management concepts or some working experience with project management
- Experience with a specific project management software tool is not required.
- Microsoft Project 2000, 2002, or 2003 Level 1
- Microsoft Project 2000, 2002, or 2003 Level 2
Although this course provides the student with an easy to understand study material but it is recommended that students bring their own copy of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK ® Guide) - Fifth Edition, as it is referenced in all Project Management related discussions. PMBOK will be a must have book for every project manager, and it will continue serving the students even after they obtain their PMP credential.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- describe professional project management
- initiate a project
- plan project work
- develop project schedules
- develop cost estimates and budgets
- plan project quality, staffing, and communications
- analyze risks and plan risk responses
- plan project procurements
- execute project work
- manage project procurement
- monitor and control project work
- monitor and control project schedule and costs
- monitor and control project performance and quality
- monitor and control project risks and procurements
- close the project
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Project Management
- Components of Project Management
- Project Management and the Business
Lesson 2: Project Management and the Organization
- Identify Organizational Influences
- Project Stakeholders and Governance
- The Project Team
- The Project Life Cycle
Lesson 3: Working with Project Management Processes
- Project Management Processes and Knowledge Areas
- Identify Project Information
Lesson 4: Initiating a Project
- Develop a Project Charter
- Identify Project Stakeholders
Lesson 5: Planning a Project
- Develop a Project Management Plan
- Plan Scope Management
- Collect Project Requirements
- Define Project Scope
- Create a WBS
Lesson 6: Planning for Project Time Management
- Plan Schedule Management
- Define Project Activities
- Sequence Project Activities
- Estimate Activity Resources
- Estimate Activity Durations
- Develop a Project Schedule
Lesson 7: Planning Project Budget, Quality, and Communications
- Plan Project Cost Management
- Estimate Project Costs
- Determine the Project Budget
- Plan Quality Management
- Plan Human Resource Management
- Plan Communications Management
Lesson 8: Planning for Risk, Procurements, and Stakeholder Management
- Plan Risk Management
- Identify Risks
- Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Plan for Risk Response
- Plan Project Procurements
- Plan Stakeholder Management
Lesson 9: Executing a Project
- Direct and Manage Project Work
- Perform Quality Assurance
- Acquire Project Team
- Develop Project Team
- Manage a Project Team
- Manage Communications
- Conduct Procurements
- Manage Stakeholder Engagement
Lesson 10: Managing Project Work, Scope, Schedules, and Cost
- Monitor and Control Project Work
- Perform Integrated Change Control
- Validate Project Scope
- Control Project Scope
- Control the Project Schedule
- Control Project Costs
Lesson 11: Controlling the Project
- Control Project Quality
- Control Communications
- Control Project Risks
- Control Project Procurements
- Control Stakeholder Engagement
Lesson 12: Closing a Project
- Close Project or Phase
- Close Procurements
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Project Management Fundamentals Familiarity with project management concepts or some working experience with project management Experience with a specific project management software tool is not required. Suggested Prerequisites: Microsoft Project 2000, 2002, or 2003 Level 1 Microsoft Project 2000, 2002, or 2003 Level 2 Experience with a specific project management software tool is NOT required.
Certificate of Completion Students will earn 35 contact hours or 40 Professional Development Units (PDU) by attending this PMI approved course.
- Cancellation Policy
DesTech may cancel or reschedule a class at its sole discretion. In the event of a cancellation or class date reschedule DesTech will use reasonable efforts to notify participants at least one week in advance. Students will not be charged for the class cancellation or rescheduling.
Please notify DesTech immediately should a registered student have to reschedule or cancel training. Cancellation fees may apply as outlined below.
For publicly scheduled instructor-led training events the following cancellation policy applies:
1) If the student cancels or reschedules a registration 7 or more calendar days before the scheduled start date of the class there is no charge.
2) If the student cancels or reschedules a registration between 1 and 6 calendar days prior to the scheduled start date of the class a late notice fee of 50% of the course cost will be charged.
3) If the student cancels or reschedules on the first day of the class or does not show up the full class cost (100%) will be charged.
For privately scheduled instructor-led training events the following cancellation policy applies:
4) If the class is canceled or rescheduled 14 or more calendar days before the scheduled start date of the class there is no charge.
5) If the class is canceled or rescheduled between 1 and 13 calendar days prior to the scheduled start date of the class 50% of the class cost will be charged.
6) If the class is canceled on the first day of the class or some or all of the students do not attend the full class cost (100%) will be charged.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
69 Yonge Street
Canada M5E 1K3
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 87 times.