LessonsThe power to influence, motivate and persuade others is a learned skill. Improving your ability in these areas will enable you to increase your levels of success in both your personal and professional world. Research has shown that individuals who possess strong social interaction skills tend to command higher salaries than their equally talented but less influential colleagues.
The Influence, Motivation and Persuasion program is different than negotiation. Negotiation attempts to focus on coming to a mutual agreement in situations where at least one party sees a conflict of interest, whereas influence and persuasion is designed to win over the other person by removing any perceived obstacles that may hold them back. This ability to influence, motivate and persuade is a critical skill for managers particularly in times of uncertainty or when organizational change is needed. This program will explore the six key principles of persuasion, understanding the elements that define individual motivation and the art of communicating to persuade. The end result will help you connect with people in a way that generates commitment rather than mere compliance or non-performance.
This workshop has a maximum seating limit of 16 participants.
Who should attend:
This program is a valuable tool for those looking to learn how to positively influence, motivate and persuade staff, colleagues and team members.Â
Topics covered in this workshop include:
- Â Â Â Persuasion strategies,
- Â Â Â Goal and Expectancy Theory,
- Â Â Â Ethical influence tactics
- Â Â Â Unethical influence tactics,
- Â Â Â Emotional intelligence,
- Â Â Â Leadership styles for influence.
- Â Â Â Understand how to ethically use the Seven Principles of Persuasion to attain lasting change in others,
- Â Â Â Recognize the common influence traps that lead to bad business decisions,
- Â Â Â Rely more on the power of emotional intelligence to influence and less on your positional power,
- Â Â Â Prepare for and be able to manage challenging interpersonal situations through influence and persuasion,
- Â Â Â Recognize your own personal influence patterns and develop alternatives for the ineffective ones.
Cancellations made 21 or more days prior to the scheduled workshop date are subject to a $100 per person per day (plus tax) administration fee. For cancellations made between 3 and 20 days prior, participant and event substitutions are allowed (subject to availability).
Gaski Training Centre
7181 Woodbine Ave, Suite 103