This course will start with the basics of learning what you can do in Crystal Reports, creating basic reports and formatting, taking you all the way through to creating formulas and charts while making sure you know how to use Help.
- Course Outline
Thiscourse costs a few dollars more than most ... for good reasons:
1. This is a hands-on course
- no sitting in a hotel room listening to a trainer and following along
with some handouts. You get to learn and practice the skills.
2. Each student gets their own computer - nosharing of computers; you will work 100% of the time on your owncomputer.
3. Each student gets a printed manual -a fully bound, comprehensive document that you will be able to refer to longafter the session - and 30 days ofafter-training support.
4. Maximum of 6 students -so there is a lot of time to ask questions and get personalized attention fromthe teacher.
5. Guaranteed to run! - Even with onestudent we guarantee the class will run.LESSON 1 - OVERVIEW
Crystal Reports Capabilities
ODBC and OLE Data Sources
The Start Page
Crystal Reports Toolbars
Changing Program OptionsLESSON 2 - CREATING A BASIC REPORT
Creating a Blank Report
Using the Database Expert
Linking Tables and Join Type
Previewing a Report
Saving Data with Report
Moving, Sizing and Aligning Fields
Inserting Text Objects and SpecialFieldsLESSON 3 - FORMATTING
Adding Lines, Boxes and Pictures
Using the Report Explorer
Using TemplatesLESSON 4 - SORTING AND SELECTING
Sort Expert and Select Expert
Using an OR condition
Showing the SQL Query
Filtering for Null ValuesLESSON 5 - GROUPING AND SUMMARIZING
Insert a Group
Change and Delete a Group
Applying an Additional Group
Specified Grouping Order
Insert a Summary Field
Filtering on a Summary
Grand Totals vs. Running Total
Standard Report WizardLESSON 6 - BASIC FORMULAS
Create a Formula
String and Date Functions
Working with Nulls
Converting Data Types
Conditional Formatting FormulasLESSON 7 - SECTION FORMATTING
Inserting and Deleting Sections
Creating Drill-Down ReportsLESSON 8 - CROSS-TABS
Create a Cross-Tab
Using the Cross-Tab Expert
Cross-Tab FormulasLESSON 9 - CHARTS
Creating a Chart
Basing a Chart on a Group
Creating an Advanced Chart
Basing a Chart on a Cross-Tab
Changing the Chart TypeLESSON 10 - DISTRIBUTING REPORTS
Overview of Distributing Reports
Publishing to Business ObjectsEnterprise
Crystal Reports Dot Com
Crystal Reports Viewers
Export a Report Definition
Scheduling and Bursting ReportsLESSON 11 - GETTING HELP
Accessing Built-in Help
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
JN Software Consulting works hard to schedule our training and other services around your life, for your
convenience. With that in mind we have the following cancellation policy for all booked training.
- Less than 48 hours: Full quoted fee
- Less than 5 business days: 20% of quoted fee
- NSF Charge Policy
Clients will incur a $40 charge for any NSF cheques
- Map & Reviews
JN Software Consulting
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 505 times.