This 4 day advanced lab intensive course focuses the student on gaining the deep understanding necessary to successfully manage and troubleshoot problems inside VMware vSphere 4.1 virtual infrastructure environment.
- Course Outline
Knowing what to do, when to do it, and how to do it is an essential aspect of an administrator's job. For today's infrastructure professionals working in a virtual environment, having this ability is critical for success. Participants will be immersed into live scenarios exposing students to real world issues they will encounter in the field, and learn how to hone their critical thinking skills under pressure to identify and quickly resolve issues that commonly plague infrastructure professionals. This 4 day advanced lab intensive course focuses the student on gaining the deep understanding necessary to successfully manage and troubleshoot problems inside VMware vSphere 4.1 virtual infrastructure environment.
Diagnose and solve problems on ESX and ESXi by using:
- VMware vSphere Client and service console commands
- VMware vSphere Management Assistant (vMA) appliance
- ESXi technical support mode
- vCLI esxcfg- and vicfg- commands
- Configure centralized logging with vilogger and syslog
- Diagnose and solve problems with Networking, Storage, and Virtual Machines
- Diagnose and solve problems with VMware products:
- vCenter, vSphere Client, VMotion"¢, Storage VMotion, HA, and DRS
Who should attend this course?
System administrators, engineers, and help desk personnel who need the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform advanced troubleshooting of their vSphere deployments.
- Course Introduction and Methodology
- Tools for Troubleshooting
- Overview of 3rd Party Tools
- ESX/ESXi Management
- vSphere Command-Line Interface (vCLI)
commands and syntax
- ESXi technical support mode
- SSH access in ESX and ESXi
- Linux Command Review
- Troubleshooting Log Files
- ESX, ESXi, and vCenter Server Log Files
- Configure centralized Logging with syslog and vilogger
- Network Troubleshooting
- Creating & Modify Virtual Networks
- Creating & Modify Virtual Networks using CLI
- Creating & Modifying Distributed Virtual Switches using CLI
- Management Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting vCenter"¢ Server and Database
- Troubleshooting the vSphere® Client
- Controlling Management Access
- ESX/ESXi Active Directory (AD) Integration
- Managing Firewalls
- SSH Access
- Linked Mode Groups of vCenters
- Storage Troubleshooting
- Storage Concepts
- iSCSI Storage
- Fibre Channel Storage
- VMFS Datastores
- vMotion Troubleshooting
- vMotion and Storage vMotion requirements and issues
- Infrastructure Troubleshooting
- DRS Cluster shares, pools, and limits
- HA slot calculations, admission control, and host monitoring
- Common Virtual Machine problem
- Prerequisites & Certificates
This is an advanced course. Required prerequisites include the completion of one of the following courses: - VMware vSphere 4.1 Fundamentals of Administration - VMware vSphere 4.1 Advanced Administration - VMware vSphere 4.1 Ultimate Bootcamp - Or equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESX/ESXi and vCenter Server The course material presumes that you can perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance prior to enrolling in this course: - Install VMware ESX, ESXi, and vCenter - Create and modify a standard and vNetwork Distributed virtual switches. - Connect an ESX/ESXi host to NAS and iSCSI storage - Create and modify VMFS datastores - Configure and use vMotion and Storage vMotion - Configure a VMware DRS cluster with resource pools - Configure a VMware High Availability cluster - Create and Modify virtual machines If you are unable to complete all of these tasks, then it is recommended that you complete the prerequisite course(s) prior to enrolling in the VMware vSphere Troubleshooting course.
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
10 business day cancellation policy. if the course is confirmed and the student cancels within 10 days of the course, then they get charged and apply a credit for future courses. If they cancel outside of 10 business days, then there are no charges at all.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 610 times.