This course provides students with the necessary knowledge in using File-Aid to easily extract and modify data for application development, testing, and maintenance.
- Course Outline
This course is intended for entry level or experienced application programmers, data administrators, data managers, system analysts, business analysts and testers. The course covers in clear terms the capabilities of File-AID including: browsing and editing of data in different modes; file comparison techniques used during regression testing; extensive utilities; and new printing capabilities. Hands-on workshops reinforce the learning experience.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Edit and browse data sets using the formatted, vertical and character mode.
- Edit and browse data sets using multiple record layouts.
- Create, delete, and access data sets using the different file organisations available in MVS.
- Set file conversion and selection capabilities to easily create test data sets.
- Perform global operations on entire partitioned data sets or selected members within partitioned data sets.
- Print the content of data sets applying formatting options and file layout.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
The student requires working knowledge of ISPF/PDF; familiarity with MVS JCL and COBOL or PL/I programming language.
- Cancellation Policy
Up to the 11th business day prior to class, a registration may be cancelled or rescheduled without charge. Thereafter the full course fee will be invoiced whether it's a cancelled or rescheduled. In which case a reschedule credit, valid for 1 year, will be issued. Substitutions may be made at any time prior to the start of the course.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 498 times.