This hands-on course prepares the student to effectively utilize the Micro Focus Mainframe Express Integrated Development Environment (MFE IDE) for developing and maintaining mainframe COBOL applications.
- Course Outline
The course is intended for COBOL programmers who will be responsible for developing and maintaining mainframe COBOL programs in the PC environment. The course covers all the features of MFE IDE, as well as the common facilities it shares with the GUI Workbench. Extensive hands-on exercises in the workshops ensure an effective and long-lasting learning experience.
- Learn how to setup and use the Mainframe Express Integrated Development Environment.
- Know how to allocate and process mainframe files for use in the PC development environment.
- Be able to use Mainframe Express to edit, test, and debug your programs.
- Know when and how to use the various tools available in Mainframe Express
- Know how to configure Mainframe Express to suit your specific needs.
- Know how to access and use Help facilities.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Working knowledge of COBOL is assumed. Minimal PC operating system (OS/2 or Windows) experience is desirable.
- Cancellation Policy
Up to the 11th business day prior to class, a registration may be cancelled or rescheduled without charge. Thereafter the full course fee will be invoiced whether it's a cancelled or rescheduled. In which case a reschedule credit, valid for 1 year, will be issued. Substitutions may be made at any time prior to the start of the course.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 195 times.