This course provides the necessary knowledge to analyze, code, test and debug IBM mainframe Job Control Language statements including MVS Utility commands.
- Course Outline
Intended for all levels of programmers, analysts, and systems analysts who author, use, and/or support usage of MVS JCL. This includes current MVS JCL users who desire formalization of their skills in this area.
This course starts by explaining the different JCL statements required for execution, covering the different parameters used in business applications such as file allocation options and printing options. Once the JCL essential concepts have been acquired, the course proceeds to more advanced topics. Hands-on workshops allow students to perform tasks typically done by developers when batch programs have been modified and must be tested. Students are required to modify existing jobs to execute according to specifications. The workshops also provide the students with the opportunity to see different execution errors and learn how to fix these.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Code, submit, and review JCL execution
- Correct syntax errors
- Calculate how much space is required to allocate your files
- Calculate efficient block size and understand how it affects space allocation and I/O services
- Create and invoke procedures using overriding statements and symbolic values
- Select the appropriate utility and use it to perform standard operations with files
- Control the execution of a job by providing parameters at the job level and step level
- Request basic processing options from the Job Entry Sub-system
- Create and access Generation Data Groups
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Students are assumed to have a working knowledge of TSO/ISPF (Course Code MF10) and possess a basic understanding of computer software and programming logic.
- Cancellation Policy
Up to the 11th business day prior to class, a registration may be cancelled or rescheduled without charge. Thereafter the full course fee will be invoiced whether it's a cancelled or rescheduled. In which case a reschedule credit, valid for 1 year, will be issued. Substitutions may be made at any time prior to the start of the course.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 569 times.