This course is designed to provide students with a comprehensive review of the terms, concepts, and facilities of the MVS operating environment.
- Course Outline
This course is intended for programmers, programmer analysts, and systems analysts, who will be developing new applications or involved in maintaining existing applications under MVS. The intended audience also includes entry-level programmers and analysts.
The course explains, in clear terms, the concepts of hardware and software. The course will give the students a practical understanding of the facilities available in MVS and the functions these facilities provide.
By the end of the class, participants will:
- Acquire knowledge of computerized business applications and their environments within MVS.
- Acquire a basic understanding of how MVS manages data and its workload.
- Acquire a basic understanding of the major components in a mainframe system and how they interact.
- Gain an understanding of file structures and how MVS stores and retrieves data.
- Acquire a basic understanding of the different tools available on MVS for developing and supporting application systems.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Students are assumed to possess an elementary understanding of computers, which may come from an introductory-level data processing or programming class or experience with working with a minicomputer or personal computer (PC).
- Cancellation Policy
Up to the 11th business day prior to class, a registration may be cancelled or rescheduled without charge. Thereafter the full course fee will be invoiced whether it's a cancelled or rescheduled. In which case a reschedule credit, valid for 1 year, will be issued. Substitutions may be made at any time prior to the start of the course.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 570 times.