This hands-on course provides the necessary knowledge to effectively utilize SQL in an interactive DB2 for z/OS UDB environment.
- Course Outline
This course covers all relevant topics from an introduction to relational and DB2 concepts to an extensive discussion of both elementary and advanced SQL queries. Also included is a discussion of SQL for data maintenance. Hands-on exercises ensure an effective learning experience.
The course is intended for End Users, Business and Systems Analysts and Developers who need to interface with DB2 databases in an interactive environment using the SQL language. This course is intended for anyone who needs to code both simple and complex SQL queries in a DB2 for z/OS UDB environment.
- Gain a basic understanding of DB2 and the relational model.
- Become familiar with basic SQL Select statements.
- Understand how to execute SQL statements (using SPUFI).
- Gain an understanding SQL functions and their application.
- Learn when and how to code simple and correlated subselects.
- Understand how to code intersection and difference operations using the EXISTS predicate.
- Know when and how to efficiently code UNION statements.
- Understand the writing of efficient implicit and explicit Inner Joins between two or more tables.
- Know when and how to code left, right and full outer joins.
- Learn how to correctly code meaningful Cartesian joins and how to avoid invalid ones.
- Learn to write complex SQL statements involving combined subselects, unions, inner joins, outer joins, and/or nested table expressions.
- Gain a basic understanding of how to maintain DB2 data through Data Manipulation Language.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
No previous database experience is necessary, however, basic terminal/personal computer skills, basic TSO/ISPF skills, and general familiarity with the IBM mainframe environment are assumed.
- Cancellation Policy
Up to the 11th business day prior to class, a registration may be cancelled or rescheduled without charge. Thereafter the full course fee will be invoiced whether it's a cancelled or rescheduled. In which case a reschedule credit, valid for 1 year, will be issued. Substitutions may be made at any time prior to the start of the course.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 459 times.