This course is designed as a basic introduction to DB2 for any level of Information Technology staff. End user communities who use DB2-based applications in their day-to-day work will also benefit from this seminar.
- Course Outline
This seminar is a survey course in IBM"s strategic, relational database product, providing a comprehensive overview of DB2 for OS/390 UDB. Topics range from an introduction to Relational Database concepts to an overview of the Structured Query Language (SQL), and a brief review of the DB2 application development environment.
- Understand the major characteristics of the Relational Model.
- Understand the basic components of the DB2 product, and its major operating platforms.
- Become familiar with fundamental DB2 objects including Universal Data Base support.
- Learn about DB2(TM)s security mechanism.
- Understand referential integrity.
- Review the Structured Query Language including its sub-languages.
- Understand how DB2 affects the application development environment and process.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
A basic familiarity with data processing concepts is assumed. No database experience is required.
- Cancellation Policy
Up to the 11th business day prior to class, a registration may be cancelled or rescheduled without charge. Thereafter the full course fee will be invoiced whether it's a cancelled or rescheduled. In which case a reschedule credit, valid for 1 year, will be issued. Substitutions may be made at any time prior to the start of the course.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 729 times.