The course is intended for Business Analysts and those responsible for (re)designing end-to-end business processes to improve performance.
- Course Outline
Understanding and documenting an organization's process workflows is a critical step in improving its performance. Workflow modeling is the analysis of a business' processes and activities, and the flow of information and objects between activities. A good Workflow model helps to clarify how an organization performs its essential business activities, enables the design of cost-effective technology solutions to support its needs and helps you discover (and address) unstated requirements prior to finalizing you requirements gathering.
This course examines the practice of process modeling, and teaches you how to create detailed workflow models. Extensive examples are used, with practical tips and techniques to demonstrate its application in the real world.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Explain the objectives of workflow modeling and how it is positioned within the system development life cycle.
- Describe how business activities fit within the overall structure of the business enterprise
- Define key process model components (e.g., functions, processes, elementary processes, events, and external objects.)
- Construct an Activity Hierarchy Diagram to illustrate the functional decomposition of a business area.
- Perform Dependency Analysis to examine activity relationships, and document the results using Activity Dependency Diagrams.
- Perform Line-of-Visibility Modeling (LoVM) using key workflow components such as, swim lanes, actors, steps and flows
- Accurately model current business workflow
- Establish standard metrics for cost and elapsed time for workflow activity
- Apply a method to improve the performance of an existing workflow
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Experience in requirements gathering and documentation, or familiarity using standard modeling techniques and notations may be helpful.
18.0 PDUs towards IIBA CBAP certification
- Cancellation Policy
Up to the 11th business day prior to class, a registration may be cancelled or rescheduled without charge. Thereafter the full course fee will be invoiced whether it's a cancelled or rescheduled. In which case a reschedule credit, valid for 1 year, will be issued. Substitutions may be made at any time prior to the start of the course.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 478 times.