This course gives you the skills you need to become an effective business process modeler.
- Course Outline
The course is intended for business and systems analysts who are responsible for analyzing and modeling business requirements.
Business process modeling theory and concepts are examined in detail, with extensive examples todemonstrate their application in real-life situations. Many practical tips andtechniques are included to further deepen your learning experience. This coursealso teaches techniques for integrating process and data models as a means tovalidate the completeness of your requirements analysis. With the help ofextensive workshop exercises and a detailed case study, you can practice whatyou learn by building a complete process model from start to finish.
At the end of the course,you will be able to:
- Explain the objectives of process modeling and how it fits within the system development life cycle.
- Describe key process model components: functions, processes, elementary processes, events, and external objects.
- Construct an Activity Hierarchy Diagram to document functional decomposition.
- Examine activity relationships using dependency analysis, and document those relationships using Activity Dependency Diagrams.
- Use interaction analysis techniques (e.g., entity life cycle analysis, process logic analysis) to analyze interactions between data and processes.
- Develop concise and precise business specifications for elementary processes.
- Construct Data Flow Diagrams from Activity Dependency Diagrams and the results of interaction analysis.
- Use structured techniques validate and confirm your model.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
You should have a basic understanding of data modeling concepts. Ideally, you have completed IB-Learning's "Data Modeling Workshop" course or equivalent. Pevious experience in business requirements analysis is not essential, but would enhance the learning process.
22.5 PDUs towards IIBA CBAP certification
- Cancellation Policy
Up to the 11th business day prior to class, a registration may be cancelled or rescheduled without charge. Thereafter the full course fee will be invoiced whether it's a cancelled or rescheduled. In which case a reschedule credit, valid for 1 year, will be issued. Substitutions may be made at any time prior to the start of the course.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 764 times.