This course is a common starting point in our database curriculum for administrators, developers and business users.
- Course Outline
This course is a common starting point in our database curriculum for administrators, developers and business users. The objective of this course is to provide an introduction to the SQL database language within the context of an Oracle database, based upon the latest features available.
What you will learn
Among the specific subjects discussed in this course are:
- A summation of relational database principles and an introduction to the Oracle relational database server.
- Using SQL Developer and other available SQL interfaces.
- Writing simple SQL queries which isolate exactly the data desired, and then format and sort the data as needed.
- Writing moderately complex SQL queries using various join techniques.
- Supplement SQL code with references to pseudo columns and system functions.
- Summarizing, grouping and combining data to obtain more meaningful query results and to allow one to draw conclusions and make business decisions based upon the data processed.
- Advanced query techniques such as set operations, sub-queries and summary functions, allowing one to solve some of the more complex theoretical query challenges.
- Creating and maintaining database tables using the SQL Data Definition Language (DDL).
- Managing data within tables using the SQL Data Manipulation Language (DML).
- Taking advantage of the latest features found within the database such as the use of regular expressions, support for international data, time zones and other topics.
The target audience for this course is all Oracle professionals, both business and systems professionals. Among the specific groups for whom this course will be helpful are:
- Application designers and developers
- Database administrators
- Business users and non-technical senior end users
1. Relational databases & SQL
- About relational databases
- Elements of SQL
2. Choosing a SQL & PL/SQL interface
- About database connections
- About bind variables
- Using SQL developer
- Using SQL*plus
- Using application express
3. Building a select statement
- About the select statement
- Using alias names
4. Restricting data with the where clause
- About logical operators
- Equality operator
- Boolean operators
- Null & between operators
- Is [not] null operator
- [not] between operator
- Finding text strings
- [not] like operator
- In operator
5. Sorting data with the order by clause
- About the order by clause
- Multiple column sorts
- Specifying the sort sequence
- About null values within sorts
- Using column aliases
6. Pseudo columns & functions
- Using rowed
- Using rownum
- Using the functions
- User & uid
- Using the dual table
- Sessiontimezone function
7. Joining tables
- About joins
- Inner join
- Reflexive join
- Non-key join
- Outer join
8. Using the set operators
- About the set operators
- Set operator examples
9. Summary functions
- About summary functions
- Summary functions with distinct
10. Using sub-queries
- About sub-queries
- Standard sub-queries
- Correlated sub-queries
11. Aggregating data within groups
- About summary groups
- Finding groups within the base tables
- Selecting data from the base tables
- Selecting groups from the result table
12. Build simple SQL*plus reports
- Format column output with column
- Defining report breaks with break
- Produce subtotals with compute
13. Use data definition language to create & manage tables
- Create table statement
- Not null
- Alter table statement
- Drop table statement
- Supportive statements
15. Use data manipulation language to manipulate data
- About the insert statement
- About the delete statement
- About the update statement
- About transactions
- Set transaction
- Truncate table
- Complex table references
- Reference information
- SQL ddl statement reference
- SQL dml statement reference
- SQL transaction control statement reference
- SQL operators reference
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Cancellation Policy
Student's Right to Cancel Registration
If Customer cancels or reschedules an original registration for a class at least ten (10) business days prior to the class start date, Web Age Solutions will issue a full refund of fees paid for class. Customer is not otherwise entitled to a refund of fees paid or released from its obligation to pay for any registration cancelled or rescheduled by Customer, including without limitation a registration previously rescheduled by Customer. Payment for the course will not be refunded if cancellation is received less than ten (10) business days before the class start date. If you wish to send another student in your place, please contact Web Age Solutions at the number below.
Web Age Solution's Right to Cancel or Reschedule
Web Age Solutions reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a class at any time. If a class is cancelled or rescheduled, Web Age Solutions will attempt to notify students ten (10) business days prior to the scheduled class start date. Web Age Solutions assumes no financial liability for any cancellation fees.
- Map & Reviews
Web Age Solutions
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 353 times.