In this preparatory 2 day course, students will learn the basic virtualization concepts and skills necessary to implement and manage a virtual desktop infrastructure using VMware's VDI products.
- Course Outline
Acquire the basic virtualization skills that have helped thousands of IT professionals master VMware View 4.6.
Having a good foundational knowledge of VMware vSphere 4.1 is necessary in order to manage, deploy, and secure a virtual desktop infrastructure. In this preparatory 2 day course, students will learn the basic virtualization concepts and skills necessary to implement and manage a virtual desktop infrastructure using VMware's VDI products.
Students will learn how VMware View 4.6 works in conjunction with VMware's vSphere 4.1 server infrastructure. Students will then demonstrate their understanding by performing hands-on labs that will instill knowledge and reinforce their ability to execute and implement VMware View 4.6 in the production environment.
Upon completion of this course, students should have the general knowledge of virtualization that is required in order to function as a virtual desktop infrastructure professional.
This intensive 2 Day class satisfies the necessary prerequisites for the VMware View 4.6 Ultimate Bootcamp and should be completed in conjunction with that course.
- Planning and Installing VMware
- Configuring Networking and Storage
- Installing and Managing vCenter Server
- Creating and Managing Virtual Machines,Templates, and Snapshots
- Controlling Access to vCenter and ESX via the vSphere Client
- Configuring and Managing VMotion, DRS, and HA
This course is for:
- System Administrators
- Engineers and Operators responsible for setup, support, and troubleshooting of VMware View desktops who only need a basic understanding of how to create Virtual Machines on ESX 4 and vCenter for use under VMware View
- IT professionals that will be responsible for the setup, support, and troubleshooting of ESX4 and vCenter should take the VMware 4.1 Ultimate Bootcamp instead of this class
- IT Professionals with 1 or more years of server and infrastructure experience
Chapter 1 - Course Introduction and Methodology
Chapter 2 - Planning and Installing ESX
- Topic 1: Planning the ESX/ESXi deployment
- Topic 2: vSphere 4 Deployment Guidelines
- Topic 3: vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi) Installation
- Topic 4: Configuring Hostname Resolution and NTP
- Configure NTP (HOL)
- Topic 1: ESX/ESXi Management
- VMware Datastore Browser (HOL)
- Topic 1: Creating & Modify Virtual Networks
- Create Virtual Switches (HOL)
- Topic 1: Storage Concepts
- Topic 2: iSCSI Storage
- Configure iSCSI (HOL)
- Topic 3: Fibre Channel Storage
- Topic 4: VMFS Datastores
- Create VMFS Datastore (HOL)
- Extend a VMFS Datastore (HOL)
- Topic 5: NAS Storage and NFS Datastores
- Create an NFS Datastore (HOL)
- Topic 1: Licensing
- Topic 2: vCenter Server Installation
- Topic 3: vCenter Server Inventory\
- Add ESX Host to vCenter Server Inventory (HOL)
- Topic 4: Managing vCenter Server
- Topic 5: Planning vCenter Server Deployment
- Topic 1: Create a VM
- Create and Install a VM using vCenter (HOL)
- Topic 2: Create Multiple VMs, Templates & Clones
- Configure a MasterVirtual Machine (HOL)
- Work with vCenter's Template Provisioning (HOL)
- Topic 3: Manage VMs
- Topic 4: Virtual Machine Snapshots
- Using Snapshots (HOL)
- Topic 1: Configuring VMotion
- Using VMotion to Migrate VMs between ESX Hosts (HOL)
- Topic 2: Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS)
- Create DRS Cluster (HOL)
- Topic 3: Linked Mode Group
- Topic 4: High Availability
- Configuring and Monitoring High Availability (HOL)
- Topic 5: vNetwork Distributed Virtual Switches
- Using vNetwork Distributed Switches and VLANs (HOL)
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Individuals should have experience on Microsoft Windows and/or Linux Servers.
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
10 business day cancellation policy. if the course is confirmed and the student cancels within 10 days of the course, then they get charged and apply a credit for future courses. If they cancel outside of 10 business days, then there are no charges at all.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 748 times.