Extensible Markup Language (XML) is a simple, very flexible text format derived from SGML. Originally designed to meet the challenges of large-scale electronic publishing, XML is also playing an increasingly important role in the exchange of a wide ...
- Course Outline
Extensible Markup Language (XML) is a simple, very flexible text format derived from SGML. Originally designed to meet the challenges of large-scale electronic publishing, XML is also playing an increasingly important role in the exchange of a wide variety of data on the Web and elsewhere.
This two-day course teaches participants the skills necessary to create XML documents and identify key concepts related to XML development. Students will create XML documents and associated DTDs and CSS style sheets, and will be introduced to simple schema and transformations.
Delivery: Instructor-led, hands-on, classroom-delivery training.
Materials: Participants receive reference materials related to course topics. Follow up support by email or phone, on topics covered, is available to participants for 90 days (4 hour limit).
Upon successful completion attendees will be able to:
- Identify and explain XML terms and syntax
- Design and author well formed XML documents
- Understand the role of the DTD and schema in XML environments
- Identify and explain DTD terms and syntax
- Apply a DTD to an XML document to create valid content
- Design and author simple DTD documents
- Understand the role of CSS in XML and other languages
- Identify and explain CSS terms and syntax
- Design and author simple CSS documents
- Attach various CSS files to an XML document
- Identify and explain schema terms and syntax
- Apply a schema to an XML document to create valid content
- Analyze, revise and create simple schema
- Understand the role of transformations (XSLT and XPath) in XML output
- Apply XSLT/XPath transformations to an XML document
- Analyze, revise and create simple transformations
- Combine XSLT/XPath to transform content and CSS to format that content
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
For training cancelled within 14 business days prior to the course date: 25% of the total training fee.
For training cancelled within 7 business days prior to the course date: 50% of the total training fee.
For training cancelled less than 5 business days prior to the course date: 100% of the total training fee.
Note: Failure to attend a course without notification of cancellation will result in a 100% charge of the total course fee.
- Map & Reviews
Front Runner Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 222 times.