- Business Writing Skills Training
- Business Writing That Works: Plan and Create High Quality Documents
Instructor-Led, Hands-On Business Writing That Works Training
- Course Outline
Business Writing That Works: Plan and Create High Quality Documents
| | ID: SSBWW0 | Course Length: 2|Module 0: Course Details|
- Duration: 2 Days
- Understand the Rules of Writing Etiquette and How To Apply Them.
- Follow Guidelines To Help You Revise, Proofread and Finalize Your Documents with Ease.
- Prerequisites: Basic Writing Skills
- Understand the Characteristics of a Well Written Business Document.
- Understand the Steps of the Writing Process and How To Work Through Them.
- Recognize Writing Styles That Are Appropriate for the Workplace.
- Learn How To Use Effective Planning Tools.
- Learn Techniques for Dealing with Writer's Block.
- Write Strong Beginnings and Endings with Skill and Confidence.
- Troubleshoot a Document's Organization and Flow.|Module 1: Introduction|
- The Written Word
- Course Learning Objectives
- Personal and Group Learning Objectives|Module 2: Fundamentals Of Business Writing|
- A Glance At Writing Styles
- The Path To Clarity and the Elimination of Ambiguity
- Guidelines for Writing Clearly
- Wording: Tone and Style
- Wording: Linking and Transitions
- The Active and the Passive Voice
- Exercise: Writing for Clarity
- Using Sources
- Cites and Styles of Documentation|Module 3: How To Write Correctly|
- Common On Rules of Good Grammar
- Using Parallel Structure
- Exercise: Parallel Structure
- Common Business Writing Errors
- Exercise: Rules of Grammar|Module 4: The Writing Process|
- The Six Steps of the Writing Process
- A Word About Writer's Block
- Editing and Revising
- Finalizing a Document
- Determining Purpose, Audience and Scope
- Gathering Supporting Information
- The Rules of Evidence
- Planning and Organizing
- Creating An Outline
- Planning Tools: Brainstorming and Mind Maps
- Exercise: Using Planning Tools
- Writing a Draft|Module 5: The Nuts And Bolts|
- Linking Ideas with Logic
- Exercise: Paragraph Analysis
- Strategies for Correcting Errors in Organization and Flow
- How Transitions Work
- Transitional Devices
- Signs of Poor Transitions
- Exercise: Transitions
- Beginnings and Endings
- Exercise: Beginnings and Endings
- Guidelines for Writing a Strong Paragraph
- Troubleshooting Paragraphs|Module 6: The Unsaid - The Unwritten|
- The Art of Being Polite, Political and Diplomatic
- What Is Gender-sensitive Language
- Guidelines for Writing Etiquette|Module 7: Putting It All Together|
- Using Headings and Sub-headings
- Exercise: Headings and Sub-headings
- Formatting Techniques
- Using Numbered and Bulleted Lists
- Using Images in Text
- Using Tables and Graphs|Module 8: Preparing For Print|
- The Difference Between Editing and Proofreading
- What To Look for When Editing and Revising
- Exercise: Stylistic Errors
- Guidelines for Proofreading a Document
- Five Steps To Finalizing a Document|Module 9: Pre-assignment Review|
- Editing, Proofreading and Re-writing Pre-assignment Report|Module 10: Developing A Plan Of Action|
- Developing a Personal Action Plan
- Course Evaluation
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Basic Writing Skills
- Cancellation Policy
For courses bought at the regular price 10 Business days are required for cancellations.
For courses bought at the 'last-minute' price - all Registration are final
- Map & Reviews
CBIT Training Ottawa
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1548 times.