- Microsoft Visual Basic (VB)
- Introduction to Web Development with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (M10267)
In this five-day, instructor-led course, you will gain the knowledge and skills to develop web applications with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
- Course Start Date: Jun. 5
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 9:30 am - 5:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 5 days
09:30 AM - 05:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Microsoft Visual Basic (VB)
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
In this five-day, instructor-led course, you will gain the knowledge and skills to develop web applications with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010. In 14 hands-on labs, you'll learn the basics, from creating web applications using Visual Studio 2010 and .NET-based languages to implementing advanced technologies supported by Visual Studio 2010 for web development.
Who Needs to Attend
Beginning web developers who have knowledge of HTML or DHTML along with some knowledge of a scripting language such as Visual Basic Scripting Edition or Microsoft Jscript
What You'll Learn
- Explore ASP.NET web applications in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- Create web applications by using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and Microsoft .NET-based languages
- Create a Microsoft ASP.NET Web Form
- Add functionality to a Microsoft ASP.NET Web Form
- Implement master pages and user controls
- Validate user input
- Debug Microsoft ASP.NET web applications
- Manage data in an ASP.NET 3.5 web application
- Manage data access tasks by using LINQ
- Manage data by using ASP.NET Dynamic Data
- Create a Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX application
- Consume and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) services
- Manage state in web applications
- Configure and deploy a Microsoft ASP.NET web application
- Secure a Microsoft ASP.NET web application
- Implement new technologies supported by Visual Studio 2010 for web development
1. Exploring Microsoft ASP.NET Web Applications in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- Introduction to the .NET Framework
- Overview of ASP.NET
- Overview of the Lab Application
- Choosing a Programming Language
- Overview of Visual Studio 2010
- Creating a Simple Web Application
- Creating Web Forms
- Adding and Configuring Server Controls in a Web Form
- Working with Code-Behind Files
- Handling Server Control Events
- Creating Classes and Components by Using Visual Studio 2010
- Handling Page Events
- Creating Master Pages
- Adding User Controls to an ASP.NET Web Form
- Overview of User Input Validation
- ASP.NET Validation Controls
- Validating Web Forms
- Debugging in ASP.NET
- Tracing in ASP.NET
- Overview of ADO.NET
- Connecting to a Database
- Managing Data
- Overview of LINQ
- Managing XML Data by Using LINQ to XML
- Managing SQL Data by Using LINQ to SQL and LINQ to Entities
- Overview of ASP.NET Dynamic Data
- Applying ASP.NET Dynamic Data
- Customizing ASP.NET Dynamic Data Applications
- Introduction to AJAX
- Creating an ASP.NET AJAX Application by Using the AJAX Features for ASP.NET
- Extending an ASP.NET Web Forms Application by Using the AJAX Control Toolkit
- Overview of Windows Communication Foundation Services
- Calling Windows Communication Foundation Services
- Working with WCF Data Services
- State Management
- ASP.NET Profiles
- ASP.NET Caching
- Configuring an ASP.NET Web Application
- Deploying an ASP.NET Web Application
- Overview of Web Application Security
- Declaratively Configuring Authentication and Authorization
- Working Programmatically with Authentication and Authorization
- Working with the ASP.NET MVC 2 Framework
- Working with Silverlight 4
- Lab 1: Creating Web Applications by Using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and Microsoft .NET-Based Languages
- Lab 2: Creating a Microsoft ASP.NET Web Form
- Lab 3: Adding Functionality to a Microsoft ASP.NET Web Form
- Lab 4: Implementing Master Pages and User Controls
- Lab 5: Validating User Input
- Lab 6: Debugging Microsoft ASP.NET Web Applications
- Lab 7: Managing Data in an ASP.NET 4.0 Web Application
- Lab 8: Managing Data by Using ASP.NET Dynamic Data
- Lab 9: Creating a Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled Web Forms Application
- Lab 10: Consuming Windows Communication Foundation Services
- Lab 11: Managing State in Web Applications
- Lab 12: Configuring and Deploying a Microsoft ASP.NET Web Application
- Lab 13: Securing a Microsoft ASP.NET Web Application
- Lab 14: Implementing Advanced Technologies Supported by Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 for Web Development
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- At least one month of experience in .NET technologies - Knowledge of HTML or DHTML, including tables, images, and forms - Programming experience using Visual Basic .NET or Visual C# .NET, including declaring variables and using loops and conditional statements
5 Day SATV Voucher
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
your city, your province
your country .
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 16 times.