This course for writers, editors, instructional designers, & other content creators teaches participates how to use DITA XML to create modular, multimedia, interactive content suitable for automated publishing to print, online, & SCORM-compliant formats
- Course Outline
Front Runner's DITA courses are each targeted to your organization's key knowledge development, publishing, and management roles:
- Content creators, including business analysts, technical leaders, and technical and marketing communicators
- Managers, including senior executives, functional leaders, and line managers
- Information architects
This course for writers, editors, instructional designers, and other content creators teaches participates how to use DITA XML to create modular, multimedia, interactive content suitable for automated publishing to print, online, and SCORM-compliant formats.
Upon successful completion attendees will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of DITA
- Understand the DITA content types: topic, concept, task, and reference, plus the new learning objects types to be released in DITA 1.2
- Understand DITA structure types: map and bookmap
- Create, edit, and validate new DITA XML content
- Import existing unstructured and non-modular content into DITA content
- Add bitmaps, vector graphics, animation, audio, and video to DITA content
- Add interactive content to DITA topics
- Add metadata to DITA content for managing, publishing, and search and retrieval
- Define DITA maps and bookmaps
- Manage content with a revision control system or content management system
- Publish DITA content to print, online, and SCORM-compliant formats
- Prerequisites & Certificates
XML Essentials or familiarity with XML concepts and syntax
Certificate of Completion * Participants receive reference materials related to course topics. Follow up support by email or phone, on topics covered, is available to participants for 90 days (4 hour limit).
- Cancellation Policy
For training cancelled within 14 business days prior to the course date: 25% of the total training fee.
For training cancelled within 7 business days prior to the course date: 50% of the total training fee.
For training cancelled less than 5 business days prior to the course date: 100% of the total training fee.
Note: Failure to attend a course without notification of cancellation will result in a 100% charge of the total course fee.
- Map & Reviews
Front Runner Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 287 times.