- Microsoft Sharepoint Training
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 for Power Users and Site Collection Administrators (M50468, M50469)
In this course for SharePoint 2010 power users and site administrators, you will gain an understanding of the major components of SharePoint 2010 and learn the new features and capabilities of SharePoint 2010.
- Course Start Date: Aug. 21
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 5 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Microsoft Sharepoint Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Explore all the new end-user features in SharePoint 2010.
In this course for SharePoint 2010 power users and site administrators, you will gain an understanding of the major components of SharePoint 2010 and learn the new features and capabilities of SharePoint 2010. During the hands-on labs, you will walk through the site-creation process, covering common and
advanced features of the basic team site. You will be guided through SharePoint Server site definitions (business intelligence, search center, etc.) and creating Workflows, and you'll get in-depth coverage of My Sites, social computing, site administration, site customization, and site collection administration.
This course incorporates materials from the Official Microsoft Learning Products: 50468 SharePoint 2010 End User - Level I and 50469 SharePoint 2010 End User - Level II.
What You'll Learn
- SharePoint lists
- Create permissions and basic SharePoint Foundation sites
- When to use a list and when to use a database
- Use Document ID service
- How to use the Permission Checker
- Create sub sites (team site)
- How SharePoint integrates with Office
- Explore all the new end-user features in SharePoint 2010
- Effectively use the SharePoint Server site definitions
- Learn to navigate the new ribbon
- Discover the new My Sites features
- Work with social computing features like tagging and ranking
- Protect yourself in the social computing realm
- Administer SharePoint Sites
- Create page layouts and pages
- Site collection
Business users and other who work with SharePoint sites on a regular basis
Individuals responsible for managing SharePoint sites as owners or site collection owners
1. SharePoint Introduction
- What's New in SharePoint 2010
- End User Adoption
- What is SharePoint?
- Why SharePoint?
- New SharePoint Features
- Site Structure
- Basic SharePoint Features
- End-User and Database Considerations
- List Views
- SharePoint 2010 Features
- Basic List Management
- Advanced List Management
- SharePoint Permissions
- Usernames and Domain Groups
- Assign Permissions to a User or Group
- Permission Checker
- SharePoint Foundation Sites
- Creating Sites
- Growth Scenarios
- SharePoint Workspace 2010
- Web Applications
- SharePoint Server Site Definition Details
- Effectively use the SharePoint Server Site Definitions
- Build Workflows with SharePoint Designer 2010
- Edit Built-In Workflows
- Implement Logging in Your Workflows
- Create and Modify My Site
- What is Social Computing?
- My Site Social Networking Features
- What a Site Administrator Is
- Site Administration Tasks
- Administer SharePoint Sites
- Modify the Shared and Personal View of a Site
- Add and Delete Pages and Web Part Pages
- Basic Web Parts on a Team Site and Portal Sites
- Administer Changes to SharePoint Master Pages and CSS
- Site Collection Administration Basics
- Site Collection Administration Features
Lab 1: Collaboration Experience Lab
- User Interface
- Create a Document Library
- Create a Form Library
- Create Wiki Pages
- Create a Picture Library
- Create a Report Library
- Create a Data Connection Library
- Create an Asset Library
- Create a Slide Library
- Create Surveys
- Create Custom Lists
- Create General Lists
- Create Views
- Explore List Management
- View New Features
- Create Alerts
- Create SharePoint Permissions
- Create SharePoint Foundation Definitions
- Explore Office Web Applications
- Examine Visio and Access Services
- Use Business Connectivity Services
- Use the Records and Search Center
- Use Business Intelligence Center
- Use One of Each Built-In Activity (2007)
- Use One of Each Built-In Activity (2010)
- Create Reusable Workflows (Site/Global)
- Modify Out-of-Box Workflows
- Create a Looping Set of Workflows
- Create Your My Site
- Explore Galleries
- Advanced Site Administration
- Foundation Web Parts
- Server Web Parts
- Filter Web Parts
- Master Page and CSS Customization
- Page Layouts
- Search Settings, Scopes, and Keywords
- Site Collection Cache Profiles, Object Cache and Output Cache
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Basic understanding of web sites and SharePoint sites Several months of experience working with SharePoint sites
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
your city, your province
your country .
We have not received any reviews specific to this course as yet, however here are some reviews of the training vendor.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course currently does not have any dates other than this one scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates.
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 18 times.